• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We had family pictures done today so I was all purdy'd up. Dress pants, shirt and tie. I put the 7rd flush fit mag in my XDs and used my Galco KingTuk. Tucked my shirt in, bloused it out a little and the gun disappeared. I usually don't carry in this manor. I usually leave my shirts untucked.

Finished with the pics and headed to Golden Corral for lunch. We sat down and then headed up to get our food. As I was headed up, a lady sitting down said "excuse me sir." I turned around and said yes mam'. She said thanks for carrying, we've all got your back.

I thought maybe my shirt had come untucked but it hadn't and I figured she had just noticed the right time when I had printed.

A little bit later, she was standing next to me atbthe buffet line. She said her husband noticed the metal clips of my holster on my belt. She said if anything happens, her whole table was ready.

I said good to know and thanks.

This is the first time someone has said something when I've been trying to conceal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We had family pictures done today so I was all purdy'd up. Dress pants, shirt and tie. I put the 7rd flush fit mag in my XDs and used my Galco KingTuk. Tucked my shirt in, bloused it out a little and the gun disappeared. I usually don't carry in this manor. I usually leave my shirts untucked.

Finished with the pics and headed to Golden Corral for lunch. We sat down and then headed up to get our food. As I was headed up, a lady sitting down said "excuse me sir." I turned around and said yes mam'. She said thanks for carrying, we've all got your back.

I thought maybe my shirt had come untucked but it hadn't and I figured she had just noticed the right time when I had printed.

A little bit later, she was standing next to me atbthe buffet line. She said her husband noticed the metal clips of my holster on my belt. She said if anything happens, her whole table was ready.

I said good to know and thanks.

This is the first time someone has said something when I've been trying to conceal.

Well, that's the thing about hybrid holsters. There's this unnatural kind of bulge it does that the belt can't really hide. And then there's the clips. But most people who know nothing about it won't notice.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think most folks who carry in a tuckable holster look around for other similar signs, and would be about the only ones to notice the extra belt clips. Most people aren't normally looking at someone's waistline to where they would notice, unless the gun was obviously printing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't "conceal" as much as I cover. Loose shirts that occasionally pull up, blow up or otherwise cause me to be "outed". I was in Sam's one day and as I reached for something my shirt pulled up and I was "exposed". Two older ladies standing nearby noticed and I heard one of them say how much safer they felt with the police nearby.:laugh: I left them in their bliss.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    . Two older ladies standing nearby noticed and I heard one of them say how much safer they felt with the police nearby.:laugh: I left them in their bliss.

They were probably confused by your badge.

large_concealed_weapon_permit_badge_gold.jpg

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I saw an INGO member at Harbor Freight OC'ing. I was pretty sure who he was but didn't know if he would recognize me. I walked up to him and said "Excuse me but do you have a PERMIT for that" He said yes I do and walked away. I said "Stocks"?

He turned around and said hey I know you. We had met a couple years ago at the last Meet and Eat in North Central Indiana. We got a kick out of it and then exchanged numbers so we could get together and shoot.

I then went to the Upward awards program at Bethel College Gym. Afterwards I took my Grandkids for some ice cream at Burger King and let them play in the play land for a while. Another couple came in with their young son to let him play. The dad was OC'ing under his carhart jacket. I thanked him for caring and told him about INGO. He said he would check it out.

Nate@TeamAB

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Lafayette
    The vast majority of the general public can't tell you what color truck they followed to Golden Corral, much less if someone around them may be carrying. Your story is another good reason to sit with your back to the wall if at all possible.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Ahh Golden Corral. Last time I went to one was the Bedford location this past fall. While there, I noticed a large fellow (I say this because I am a big guy and he easily had 3" and 70# on me) carrying a 1911 in a shoulder holster and a revolver (SP101? It's been a while) on a leather belt with spare rounds in loops on the belt (think cowboy action shooting) and a Crocodile Dundee type of black hat. He was a sight (no offense if it was you) and I was really surprised that nobody seemed to be staring or freaking out because I'm not sure that the word "concealment" was in his vocabulary.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Always sit with your back to a wall and figure out where all of the exits are as soon as you are seated. Otherwise you are just another fish in the barrel.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, that's the thing about hybrid holsters. There's this unnatural kind of bulge it does that the belt can't really hide. And then there's the clips. But most people who know nothing about it won't notice.

That's why the fashion police invented sport coats and suit coats. You know, those things that are supposed to be worn when one wears a tie (bolo and string ties grudgingly excepted)?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Always sit with your back to a wall and figure out where all of the exits are as soon as you are seated. Otherwise you are just another fish in the barrel.

I know this is the classic "gun guy" mantra of the hyper-aware civilian operator, but can you explain why? I've heard this so many times (usually at gun shops right before or after "the lifetime carry permit is going away"), but no one can ever provide any sound reasoning as to why they choose to have their back against a wall.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know this is the classic "gun guy" mantra of the hyper-aware civilian operator, but can you explain why? I've heard this so many times (usually at gun shops right before or after "the lifetime carry permit is going away"), but no one can ever provide any sound reasoning as to why they choose to have their back against a wall.

My theory is so that you only have to monitor 180 degrees of surroundings rather than (up to) 360 degrees.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Ever been attacked by a wall?

Top Bottom