• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    So I figure I'd call the Sheriff's office to see when is a good time to come in for a carry license, you know just to make it convenient for them... Short answer, I can't. You have to call some outside number, or go online, and schedule a time to come in. What ever happened to the days when you could walk in and whatever officer is close by prints you? Now, unless I want to drive 45 minutes to another agency, I have to wait 'til the 1st to get printed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I know what you mean. A friend of mine is into zombie fiction and was going to take part in a show. He and a buddy were going, but my friend thought it would be simple to just run in, get fingerprinted then go on about his day. He was in a hurry, so didn't pull all the way into the parking lot, and then some do-gooder tried to lecture him on parking etiquette. They thought it would be funny to act all zombie-ish, but dude called the cops. They found his unloaded gun on the floorboard.

Long story short, he got a citation. Some lawyer said he could get out of it because Indiana law now lets you carry anywhere as long as it is unloaded. I heard that in a Gander Mountain.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, the last time we did it (for our lifetime LTCH), Lawrence county practically had an express lane for doing these. There were 2 people ahead of us when we got there and a couple waiting when we left.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know what you mean. A friend of mine is into zombie fiction and was going to take part in a show. He and a buddy were going, but my friend thought it would be simple to just run in, get fingerprinted then go on about his day. He was in a hurry, so didn't pull all the way into the parking lot, and then some do-gooder tried to lecture him on parking etiquette. They thought it would be funny to act all zombie-ish, but dude called the cops.

Long story short, he got a citation. Some lawyer said he could get out of it because Indiana law now lets you carry anywhere as long as it is unloaded. I heard that in a Gander Mountain.

Not tracking - got a citation for what? Did he have a handgun? How do the two relate?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Sounds like a bad spoof post... 0/10

You get NOTHING!!

raw

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    When I got mine about 6 years ago I had to go to Box's plus in Mishawaka at a appointed time to get finger printed. Then, because I live in the county, I had to go to the Sheriff's department to pay my 50 or 55 bucks. I can't remember the amount. I got life time so I never have to deal with it again. It's over.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know what you mean. A friend of mine is into zombie fiction and was going to take part in a show. He and a buddy were going, but my friend thought it would be simple to just run in, get fingerprinted then go on about his day. He was in a hurry, so didn't pull all the way into the parking lot, and then some do-gooder tried to lecture him on parking etiquette. They thought it would be funny to act all zombie-ish, but dude called the cops. They found his unloaded gun on the floorboard.

I feel like I should disqualify myself from giving a rating, but pursuant to Indiana law as of July 1, 2016, I rate it:

.243, .30-30, .300(?), .30-06 and .308

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    When I renewed my license when the lifetime first came about it took maybe 15 minutes, including mailing to the state. Walked in the Sheriff's office and was fingerprinted and paid their fee in 10 minutes. Walked across the street to the post office, purchased a money order for the state and mailed it in 5 minutes.

Things must have changed.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

gander? Must be true then.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i just got mine this past saturday 3-26-16 i did the online stuff and payed then made a app for finger print for the next week, the day after the finger print i went to the sheriff and payed 50 then got it in 4 weeks

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Considering the U.S. Bill of Rights - this carry license crap has always been stupid....... and yet we do it anyway. Why? Out of fear mostly. Which is exactly what they want.

Nate@TeamAB

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Lafayette
    Process was super smooth for the wife and I. Being a night shifter I greatly appreciate anything that lets me do the majority of it online at any given hour.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    what appointment? I just applied online and went down to the police station when it was convenient FOR ME and got fingerprinted and paid. Then just waited for it to come in the mail.

Do you live in Indiana?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    what appointment? I just applied online and went down to the police station when it was convenient FOR ME and got fingerprinted and paid. Then just waited for it to come in the mail.

Do you live in Indiana?

When did you do this? The process requires you to apply online and setup an appointment at an L1 fingerprint location. You don't get prints done at the cop shop anymore.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    had to set up a appointment for inkless fingerprints there were several times and places to do it

yes i live in indiana, noble co, north east corner

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom