Dicks sporting goods west 86th - beware!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    All,

Watch out for the POS's at Dick's on west 86th st. My truck and another truck had the rear passenger door windows smashed out and stuff stolen. The took my backpack which had my Benchmade knife and I nice watch in it. No cameras in the parking lot. I hate Dick's!!!! Happened around 2:00 pm yesterday (5/2/16)

Tsmith

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not following. Did someone who works at Dick's commit the crime or in some way facilitate it, or is this just telling where it happened and coincidentally he hates Dick's?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Just wondering, was the backpack visible from outside or hidden under the seat and completely out of view?

Indy31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    I quit shopping Dicks completely when they stopped carrying hand guns. They gave me some liberal BS as to why. So they can sell all the clothes they want.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I'm not following. Did someone who works at Dick's commit the crime or in some way facilitate it, or is this just telling where it happened and coincidentally he hates Dick's?
    OK glad I'm not the only one. Well if he hated Dicks before the incident then why was he there?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So how is it Dicks fault your vehicle got broken into? I can understand a person not patronizing the establishment for many different reasons, but blaming them for not preventing your misfortune seems unreasonable. Perhaps you should accept responsibility for leaving things of value in an unattended vehicle in a public area.

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    Every store around dicks at that location has cameras. What business doesn't have cameras these days? Yes, I don't like dick's, I think its a sad excuse for a sporting goods store. I would not have gone there if I wasn't trying to kill time, waiting for my dad to get out of surgery. Talked with Dick's employees afterward and they stated that there is a problem in that parking lot. Really??? Because there is no cameras!!!!!!! I'm not blaming Dicks, but damn, get with the program!

Backpack was in the back of crew cab truck, back windows tinted, pack on the floor.

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    I've been away from the Indy area for about 20 yrs. and where I'm living now, there is not that level of trouble going on. So, I will admit my guard was down a bit. Just wanting to let people know what was going on and where. Also a side note, your personal belongings are not covered under your auto insurance - covered under your home owners insurance. oh guess what 2 different deductibles!!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    not dicks fault but the dick that stole your stuff. why is it their fault? maybe time to cool down and reflect but sorry your stuff got stolen. we had a problem with that behind mccalisters near shelby where i worked for a while. this should be covered by your homeowners or renters insurance if it meets the deductible

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    All,

Watch out for the POS's at Dick's on west 86th st. My truck and another truck had the rear passenger door windows smashed out and stuff stolen. The took my backpack which had my Benchmade knife and I nice watch in it. No cameras in the parking lot. I hate Dick's!!!! Happened around 2:00 pm yesterday (5/2/16)

Tsmith
    you hate Dick's because someone stole s^^t out of your truck?:dunno:

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Unless I misread something, it sounds as if OP would like Big Brother to watch over his stuff while he's leaving it unattended. While I understand the knee-jerk reaction to getting your stuff stolen, it's akin to the reaction Dick's had after Sandy Hook. Instead of standing on principle, they pulled their AR-15s off the shelves. I haven't shopped them since. Not a single dime of my money has gone to their store.

Instead of demanding a store raise their prices (to pay for surveillance equipment and monitoring) why not secure your stuff yourself? Next you'll be asking for increased police coverage!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I work near 86th and Guion... Hadn't heard things were so bad up there. Thanks for the warning. I'll be extra careful to keep my car in secure areas and my **** out of sight.

I could make some really good booby-traps and give the scum what they deserve... Unfortunately then I'd be the one going to jail. Bah!

Top Bottom