• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    I am getting my father a SW .38 Bodyguard for Christmas. Now I need a good CC holster. Suggestions? He doesn't need DEEP concealment. This will be his first "carry" weapon besides a very old .22 peacemaker single action he has had all his life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I like Mitch Rosen holsters. They are more $$$ though.
    But if you wear it all the time, it's worth it.
    For CC, I use the "workman" model. Conceals real nice.
    Good quality. Great looks.
    Made for your gun and you. You tell them things like what side of the body. Size belt loop. Stuff like that, and they make it for you. They don't just pull it off the shelf.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I think a sleeve holster is a staple to have in your box of holsters. Densantis pocket holsters are nice. A #2 would be the size you need. Great for a coat pocket or shorts in warm weather. Depending on the type and brand of pants he wears will determine if he might find carrying in the front pocket a option.

A OWB Fobus paddle holster is a second option. Really good for a quick trip to the store or out and about. Most people it seems use them as a convenience holster. Yet others use them everyday with no complaints. These two options wont break the bank and will get him started. Later you can buy other types for gifts.

I also use a Densantis OWB leather holsters for my Glock and J frame. My back is such that IWB just isn't a option for me. There are many great options out there today. Good leather holsters are classic. We have a few guys here that could make a cool kydex rig for you. Some can even be converted to be used both IWb and OWb.

Hope your dad likes his new gun. Your a good son buying dad a gun :yesway:

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    The bodygaurd is pretty small so if going for pocket carry, I like Remora. I have had one for 6 years and it has held up great. If he wants to go IWB I like Alien Gear they have a very reaasonable cost. I have found it to be comfortable and hold up well. I have had one for two years. You can switch it out if you go with a different gun later. Which he may if he practices much with the Body Gaurd. At least the two people who had Body Gaurds have done.

Top Bottom