• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;fPVvqZi4P5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPVvqZi4P5Y[/video]

Come on, it is a Glock. Pee his pants maybe, but you only faint at the sight of a 1911.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why would she have her handgun in a safe while watching TV alone?
    Why would she have her handgun in a safe on the weak side of the bed?
    Why would she have her handgun in a safe?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Why would she have her handgun in a safe while watching TV alone?
    Why would she have her handgun in a safe on the weak side of the bed?
    Why would she have her handgun in a safe?

If I was guessing, they showed her using a safe to indicate "responsible gun owner"; the safe on the far side of the bed, tactically, I can see that if she's in bed, hears a noise, and rolls out, she has concealment (not really "cover", so to speak) while she opens it. Rolling out the other side puts her right by the bedroom door. And last, not being armed while alone at home is probably supposed to indicate "not paranoid, looking for an excuse to shoot someone." Again, just my guesses.

What gun?

True, I didn't see a gun in the whole video. Just a Glock.

Yeah it would have been better if they would use a 1911.

:yesway: :thumbsup:

Yes this commercial has some flaws....

But the costume Director...:yesway:

Yep. You only show the young lady in anything less than that (usually a matching bra/panty set) if she's the one in the horror film about to get killed.

Everyone knows that.

Leaving aside the 1911>Glock debate, the only serious flaw I saw was that she didn't fire as soon as she identified her target and confirmed disparity of force. What was her "line in the sand" that he had to cross to merit a shot? Actually grabbing her? The threshold of the door should have been her line, IMHO.

They did make the point well, though, that no one else was going to take responsibility for her safety, that that was her job.
    Absent some form of effective weapon (or even a Glock,) she would have been nothing more than a statistic under "home invasion" and probably "rape".

And maybe a coroner's case as well.

Overall rating: 7:10

Blessings,
    Bill

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I thought, that there were only certain times, when one could shoot .....

Defense of ones life, another persons life, and to prevent serious bodily injury .....

I didn't know, "crossing a line", was any of that .....

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The line is fear of grave bodily injury or death.

Door kicked in by physically larger assailant would stand up to most DA's and even more juries.

You must have your own ROE tied into your OODA loop. This is the main reason to study IC.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Defense of ones life, another persons life, and to prevent serious bodily injury .....

I don't think he was breaking in the door to make her a ham sandwich.

85Cosmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    West Lafayette
    First off, I couldn't stop looking at her! Secondly, probably should have call 911 in route to sitting back down to watch TV. And "nice" door lock, maybe for a bathroom door. We get the idea, but maybe a better ad agency could make it more realistic.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Doors/locks only keep out good people.

I replace doors all the time. A good deadbolt and the jamb splinters. A good deadbolt and a reinforced jamb and the deadbolt will rip the door apart.

I had to replace a door and jamb in a condo in Merrilville. It was the heaviest gauge steel door I've seen in a residence, the deadbolt had a hardened steel bolt and the jamb was heavy gauge steel with a dozen 3 1/2" hardened screws and well shimmed.

The folks went out to a movie and when they returned all of their valuables were gone.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Fair comment, Sarge. You're right, in that if he was stepping over a crack in the sidewalk, with her on the opposite side of the street, or otherwise not presenting a threat, that's a "no-shoot".

The line is fear of grave bodily injury or death.

Door kicked in by physically larger assailant would stand up to most DA's and even more juries.

You must have your own ROE tied into your OODA loop. This is the main reason to study IC.

Exactly. Again to Sarge, when would you consider that to be a "shoot" situation? I wasn't referring to an actual "line" on the ground, but to his proximity to her and the threat that includes, considering he was willing to bust in her door.

I don't think he was breaking in the door to make her a ham sandwich.

Maybe chicken (considering his reaction)

Sarge, I'm sorry if this comes across as cracking on you or dogpiling. I wanted to speak for myself as to my thinking, despite BF and Act stating it well.

Blessings,
    Bill

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It is obvious he didn't faint at the sight of the G****. It was either "holy crap, she's hot!" or "crap, she's a redhead! I'm in trouble!" Frankly, it's probably a good thing they didn't film that with a different gun. The sight of her on the couch with a 1911 might have been too much for Churchmouse's old ticker.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Fair comment, Sarge. You're right, in that if he was stepping over a crack in the sidewalk, with her on the opposite side of the street, or otherwise not presenting a threat, that's a "no-shoot".

Exactly. Again to Sarge, when would you consider that to be a "shoot" situation? I wasn't referring to an actual "line" on the ground, but to his proximity to her and the threat that includes, considering he was willing to bust in her door.

Maybe chicken (considering his reaction)

Sarge, I'm sorry if this comes across as cracking on you or dogpiling. I wanted to speak for myself as to my thinking, despite BFF and Act stating it well.

Blessings,
    Bill

FIFY. Gee thanks Bill I like you too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Doors/locks only keep out good people.

I replace doors all the time. A good deadbolt and the jamb splinters. A good deadbolt and a reinforced jamb and the deadbolt will rip the door apart.

I had to replace a door and jamb in a condo in Merrilville. It was the heaviest gauge steel door I've seen in a residence, the deadbolt had a hardened steel bolt and the jamb was heavy gauge steel with a dozen 3 1/2" hardened screws and well shimmed.

The folks went out to a movie and when they returned all of their valuables were gone.

Any idea how the door was defeated or what kind of tools were used?

Top Bottom