• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So I heard yesterday at my Kroger store a lady got carjacked in the parking lot around midnight, but read a email saying that it was a hit a run deal she was pulled from her car and a big police chase and the car was found in a ditch, luckily she is ok could have been worse, anybody hear about this? So I'm not surprised a few workers have some nice cars and of course the all powerful and crime protection cctv"s lol but I told my sisters they were a little freaked and my one sister said what is happening to Westfield and I said its Westfield people think it will never happen and a cop is on every corner, maybe in leave it to beaver, but Kinda bs that you can't carry as a worker, let the bad guys have whatever they want and take a chance that they won't kill u after, why does a company get to play with a workers life like that? What right do they have, I carry a blade but I'd rather have my 45 on my side. And decide that I will live rather then the bad guys.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Within the last year (I think) there were problems with robbers at the gas station by the Kroger in Westfield on 32. I don't know how many Krogers are in Westfield, but that might be the same one. And not long ago a man was beaten to death right there, too. It was the apartments right behind Kroger and drug-related, I heard.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was on a home invasion, but I heard a carjacking with apprehension come out around 0130 this morning. I'll look at it later and see.

That said, there have been some auto thefts set up via "accident". The suspect hits your vehicle in the back and when you get out to check the damage, an accomplice jumps in your car and drives off, then the person who hit you drove off.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I was on a home invasion, but I heard a carjacking with apprehension come out around 0130 this morning. I'll look at it later and see.

That said, there have been some auto thefts set up via "accident". The suspect hits your vehicle in the back and when you get out to check the damage, an accomplice jumps in your car and drives off, then the person who hit you drove off.

You will be able to ID my truck by the license plate or the bullet holes. :)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You will be able to ID my truck by the license plate or the bullet holes. :)

:nono:
    It's not a good shoot if all they are doing is stealing your sweet ride. Now if they were trying to back over you (wink wink) and your in fear of them killing you then by all means mag dump away.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't know, Glueman...

IC 35-41-3-2(d)

(d) A person:
    (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force,
    against any other person; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to
    prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on
    the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

"He stole my car. He had unlawfully entered my car and now occupied it while he was stealing it. I had a reasonable belief that there was no other way to stop him."

Right there in the law.

Usual disclaimers apply: IANAL, IDPOOTV, IDSIAHIELN, and TINLA.

Blessings,
    Bill

It's not a good shoot if all they are doing is stealing your sweet ride. Now if they were trying to back over you (wink wink) and your in fear of them killing you then by all means mag dump away.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010

Wow, gives new meaning to hit-n-run. Can never be too careful or be too anxious to jump out and see what happened.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I don't know, Glueman...

"He stole my car. He had unlawfully entered my car and now occupied it while he was stealing it. I had a reasonable belief that there was no other way to stop him."

Right there in the law.

Usual disclaimers apply: IANAL, IDPOOTV, IDSIAHIELN, and TINLA.

Blessings,
    Bill

I read that to mean that I would have to occupy the vehicle while he was stealing it, for it to be considered a threat.

Shooting at someone for stealing my car as they are driving away isn't a risk I'm willing to take.
    I could buy a really nice new Corvette what what I'd have to pay Guy to keep me out of the Gray Bar Hotel. Plus I tend to drop the soap a lot in the shower so........ um no I don't wanna go.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think it matters less how you read it and more how your attorney can get the jury to read it.

FWIW, though, I agree. And I don't want to drop the soap, though I did get the idea one time to try and practice using my foot to slide the soap up the wall where I could reach it without bending over. Not planning any jail time, but with the Obama regime that was in power, who could predict what would be a crime tomorrow, y'know? So glad those days are almost a thing of the past.

Blessings,
    Bill

I read that to mean that I would have to occupy the vehicle while he was stealing it, for it to be considered a threat.

Shooting at someone for stealing my car as they are driving away isn't a risk I'm willing to take.
    I could buy a really nice new Corvette what what I'd have to pay Guy to keep me out of the Gray Bar Hotel. Plus I tend to drop the soap a lot in the shower so........ um no I don't wanna go.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I think it matters less how you read it and more how your attorney can get the jury to read it.

FWIW, though, I agree. And I don't want to drop the soap, though I did get the idea one time to try and practice using my foot to slide the soap up the wall where I could reach it without bending over. Not planning any jail time, but with the Obama regime that was in power, who could predict what would be a crime tomorrow, y'know? So glad those days are almost a thing of the past.

Blessings,
    Bill

I do agree about the jury's interpretation of the law theory, however the first line of defense is my interpretation.

I hope to make good enough decisions that I don't have to put my fate in the hands of jurors.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill

Was the home invasion random or criminal enterprise related? Just curious and hoping the random is rare.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Ah, apparently you are unfamiliar with the shooting at the former Mike's Carwash on W 38th St in Indy more than 10 years ago (I think) wherein the Marine whose care was stolen capped-off rounds at the thief fleeing in his car. He was not prosecuted. Of note are 1) my best friend was there when it happened, and 2) that same marine got busted for dealing drugs later.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ah, apparently you are unfamiliar with the shooting at the former Mike's Carwash on W 38th St in Indy more than 10 years ago (I think) wherein the Marine whose care was stolen capped-off rounds at the thief fleeing in his car. He was not prosecuted. Of note are 1) my best friend was there when it happened, and 2) that same marine got busted for dealing drugs later.

Depends.

Many folks are saved by being poor marksmen. No cooperating victim. Kill them, things may be different.

Top Bottom