• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I was surprised when I went to BassPro looking for gun accessories to see these next to the pistol holsters.

My first thought was, 'That's Crazy! I'd probably get locked up for impersonating a police Officer'.

Of course, I'm sure they would not be selling them in Bass Pro if that was the case, but it did get me thinking.

I can see advantages to having something like this while OC. Hang it on your belt next to your holster and the 'fear factor' might be reduced for the general public. LEO might use it as a cue that you are legal, etc...

But my own thoughts are mere speculation. I'm most interested in input from LEO about these things. What would your reaction be to seeing someone with a CCW badge on their hip or neck?

Does this his seem like a good or bad idea? I'm sure opinions will vary, just as I'm sure there are a number of possible bad outcomes here.

Let me know what you think.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    From one of out resident LEO's...

If you throw anything at me when I respond to a shooting, we're going to have problems. The only use for a CCW badge is to look like a tool, not to use it as one. No cop is going to catch what you throw, look at it, say "Gosh, a badge any tool can buy online, this must be a good guy in a good shoot!" What he's going to see is a guy with a gun throwing something at him. That's going full retard. Don't do it.

No, the badge doesn't matter in that scenario either. I know the guy who taught that class :D and he's had civilians offer to help him in lesser situations and had them get handcuffs off his belt while he held someone down, etc.

Just say no to CCW badges. It makes you look like a whacker (aka borderline police impersonator) and has zero use.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    9asjzs.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would only wear one in states that prohibit open carry

..it would go nicely with my YES, I'M CARRYING A CONCEALED GUN shirt. :yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah...still stand by that.

CCW badge?

1320529223886.jpg
    yes I think they are stupid too but there are gun owners that don't know any better. So even if you had a "suspect" who actualy made a good shoot how would the ccw badge change a good
    shoot by a good guy? It wouldn't. I guess you can tell their lawyer what an asshat you think they are because if they are smart they will know not to talk to the cops without theirs present. That tidbit of advice should be sold with every ccw badge I guess. Blame retailers for making money off these not gun owners.
    its pretty sad that a lot of people who buy these will do so to try to prevent bad blood with a cop but get the opposite from The one above.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wear one as a cup so I can yank it out if necessary. It also acts as a safety device in case of an accidental discharge while appendix carrying with no holster.

Top Bottom