How do you handle dropping trou in a public bathroom?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    For those of you who CC and have to worry about staying concealed, how do you handle public toilets? Do you keep your pants very high around your legs? Do you move it to another location while dropping trou? How do you make sure the person in the stall next to you doesn't catch a peak of your Glock 19 and freak out?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I carry IWB and for some reason my G23 folds inwards making it nearly impossible to be seen unless there is a peeper in there.

You could download a fart app on your phone and play the loudest one possible while taking care of business. They should help keep an empty stall on both sides of you. Wet burrito on iFart app is a favorite of my grandsons.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    It depends on what i am wearing. If im wearing pants i have a owb holster that you run a belt through so i just slide it on my belt and keep it on my right leg. It kinda because you have to keep your pants above the knee but it keeps the peace. When i wear shorts i have an iwb holster that just clips over my shorts and belt so i just take it off and set it in my undies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It was embarrassing when, not knowing what to do while at the range and pooping, I had an old timer tell me I should clean the mud out of the slide grooves and I had to tell him it wasn't mud.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We've discussed this before - you can probably search for it, but I don't know what terms will work...

Summary: The beltline of your pants should never go below your knees and if you gun may fall out, get a better holster.

And who cares if someone freaks out? That ain't my problem.

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    I just remove the pistol and hold it in hand, place it on the back of the crapper or tuck it in the dropped pants....regardless, it's always handy

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The best advise I can give is try no to fondle it when going to bathroom, you are only asking for trouble.
    Hook your underwear elastic around it to keep it from flopping over outside of your pants. That's what I do.

That goes for your gun too.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just remove the pistol and hold it in hand, place it on the back of the crapper or tuck it in the dropped pants....regardless, it's always handy

There's been plenty of LEOs and non-LEOs that have walked out and forget it.

There's no need to coonfinger your roscoe while taking a dump.

The best advise I can give is try no to fondle it when going to bathroom, you are only asking for trouble.
    Hook your underwear elastic around it to keep it from flopping over outside of your pants. That's what I do.

I never took you for an underwear sort of guy. :dunno:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Easiest way is to not use public restrooms! I've always been partial to the home court advantage when it comes to things like this?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

There's been plenty of LEOs and non-LEOs that have walked out and forget it.

There's no need to coonfinger your roscoe while taking a dump.

I never took you for an underwear sort of guy. :dunno:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-shoots-self-bathroom.html?highlight=Bathroom

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...arge-faculty-bathroom.html?highlight=Bathroom

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...behind-staff-restroom.html?highlight=Bathroom

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/aug/07/clinton-pd-loaded-38-caliber-pistol-found-in/?partner=RSS

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../297192-stop-touching.html?highlight=Bathroom

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-gun-stolen-bathroom.html?highlight=Bathroom

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Under left arm if needed, was watching TV this weekend and a lady said she just sits on the toilet backwards so she can put her book on top of the tank.............Gee MR. Obvious. If you could put a book up there why not your pea shooter?

Maybe we just solved everybody's problem," pooping with a pistol", the backwards reverse cowboy dookie drop, eh?

You wont have to reach around to flush either....................try it tonight at home and thank me later !

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette

What if you are going commando? I'm asking for a friend.:):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Under left arm if needed,
    Do you remove your handgun from your waistband holster and then just place it under your arm then you squeeze to hold it in place?

I wouldn't even do that with book.

was watching TV this weekend and a lady said she just sits on the toilet backwards so she can put her book on top of the tank.............Gee MR. Obvious. If you could put a book up there why not your pea shooter?
    Do I seriously need to explain the difference between a gun and a book?

And how many multi-person public restrooms have toilets with tanks?

You wont have to reach around to flush either....................try it tonight at home and thank me later !

NO.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Use a Miami Vice Shoulder rig. Solved. Or as others suggest: remove IWB Holster, use care and slide in to Watch cap/beanie and set on stand inside stall. Use Handicap Stall and have room to spare.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Easiest way is to not use public restrooms! I've always been partial to the home court advantage when it comes to things like this?
    Same here.
    If it's a forced emergency then I make sure my pants never hit the dirty ground. Therefore
    no one sees my gun under the stall and my gun is never removed from my holster or my belt or wherever i have it that day.
    or if they do see one of them so ****ing what? It's a gun, in a holster, of a guy taking a ****. If they are a big enough ***** to call the police then I guess they just wasted everyone's time. By the time the police get there I'll be done. They didn't see it themselves so they can't say anything or do anything. If they do I won't admit to being armed and I'll be on my way.

Top Bottom