• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Whew, that didn't feel comfortable when I saw the lights. I returned from a day on a friends farm for shooting, squirrel hunting and get away. I got pulled over doing 15 over. Unusual for me, but I let my foot get heavy while talking on the phone. ISP officer comes up to my passenger window and sees my side arm. Glances in the back to a pile of rifle cases, an ammo can, a cooler & USMC day packs. Looks at my camo pants and sees blood from cleaning. (Should have brought clothes) I kept my hands on the wheel and asked permission before opening the glove box, fetching ID and digging out LTCH. Asked him if he'd prefer I remain still in the vehicle and asked him to hand me a closed bag so I could fetch my Larry while keeping my hands in front. No cuffs, no disarm, no curb stomping. Polite conversation and he even gave me a warning with no ticket and told me to have a nice day.

+1 ISP

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Un-possible!! All police are freedom hating gestapo looking for an excuse to jack-boot the innocent!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At some point, did you explain the squirrel hunting part? :D

I mean, if not, I'd be kinda disappointed in the trooper for at least not asking what's up with the blood and arsenal.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    At some point, did you explain the squirrel hunting part? :D

I mean, if not, I'd be kinda disappointed in the trooper for at least not asking what's up with the blood and arsenal.

Oh ya. Told him a got a couple fox squirrels. No search was asked, nor granted of course. Had to explain that blood before it was noticed!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh ya. Told him a got a couple fox squirrels. No search was asked, nor granted of course. Had to explain that blood before it was noticed!

So, INGO may quarrel with offering that explanation, but I think its a good idea. Especially since it was the truth. :)

Key question: did you fire warning shots before shooting at the squirrels?

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So, INGO may quarrel with offering that explanation, but I think its a good idea. Especially since it was the truth. :)

The only warning shot I fired was the one right next to the squirrels head into the tree when I missed my first shot. But when you shoot subsonic hollow point through a suppressor on a bolt action 22, they tend to just look around confused if you miss.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Oh yeah, I can hear it now: "why do you hate Liberty? You abdicated your personal freedoms!"

Top Bottom