• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When I am at the gun shows I see a lot of Nam vets. Some of them look so frail that I wonder if they could really answer the call if and when something bad goes down. It's good to see a story such as these which helps answer that question. stified in killing robber | KSDK.com

Think about this:

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces think I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing a$$ backwards. Instead of sending 18-year old off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters:

Researchers say 18-year-old think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry. We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some ********* that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18 -year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bi*ch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and y elled at, and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course, however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt. in the New army now, Get down and give me ... ER ... one.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet..

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million pissed-off old farts with attitude and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

If nothing else, put us on border patrol...we will have it secured the first night!

This is in bold so all the frail old farts can read it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    SsGhPgD.jpg

military-veteran-soldier-remember-veterans-wars-bfrn315_low.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Think about this:

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces think I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing a$$ backwards. Instead of sending 18-year old off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters:

Researchers say 18-year-old think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry. We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some ********* that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18 -year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bi*ch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and y elled at, and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course, however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt. in the New army now, Get down and give me ... ER ... one.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet..

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million pissed-off old farts with attitude and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

If nothing else, put us on border patrol...we will have it secured the first night!

Didn't they make a movie about that? The Expendables maybe?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The good guy came out on top.
    The fact that he is an elderly Vietnam vet only makes that fact even better.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Why do the punks and youth of today continue to underestimate older people?
    Old guys aren't to be messed with.
    One of my favorite replies to these idiots is "You're gonna feel real stupid when you get your ass kicked by an old man". And it usually seems to take more than one of these evil little freaks to attempt this crap.
    Glad the good guy came out ok and everyone that matters is alright.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Think about this:

For starters:

My Father and Uncles always stressed to me that I should never mess with an old Fart......cause they know stuff.........:)

now that I am older I understand.

Thanks for the bold type.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A good news story, those two got at least what they deserved and probably had deserved for some time.

And beware the old man in a profession where men die young.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Yeah, "Beware the old man in a profession where men die young". Well put Thor!

Not only did the good guy win, but the DA all but gave him a medal and held him up as a warning to the thugs--and this is a St. Louis suburb! You'd have to go rural MS, AZ, or WY, to get a more supportive response.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    A good news story, those two got at least what they deserved and probably had deserved for some time.

And beware the old man in a profession where men die young.

These thugs apparently had a long and productive thuggish career behind them when they encountered this upstanding senior citizen. The good news is that thug #2 is going to be tried for the murder of his running buddy, thug #1 under the felony murder doctrine.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I turned 60, in July, of 2016 .....

I was TOO YOUNG, for Vietnam .....

Grad HS, in 1974, and it ended in '75 .....

So "those old guys", do really know stuff .....

We, are too old to fight, knees, won't let us run,

so we just SHOOT !!!!!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The only thing you can tell for sure about an old man is that he is a survivor.

Old Prof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2015
    West Lafayette
    When my father went into the USMC in WW 2, they were drafting people up to 45. Fairly quickly, they figured out that most of the 45 year olds were not doing that well and reduced the age back to, I believe, 38 or 25. My father was tougher than I have ever been up until the day he died, but I have no doubt, and he had no doubt, that younger men would do better when physical condition is a factor.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    When my father went into the USMC in WW 2, they were drafting people up to 45. Fairly quickly, they figured out that most of the 45 year olds were not doing that well and reduced the age back to, I believe, 38 or 25. My father was tougher than I have ever been up until the day he died, but I have no doubt, and he had no doubt, that younger men would do better when physical condition is a factor.

There is good reason why an athlete at age 35 is pretty much considered over his prime and getting ready for retirement. Some few hang on past that and can even have stellar careers, but for the average guy it tends to go downhill around 40. Even the PGA Senior Tour starts at age 50.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The US and Brit sub services in WWII reduced the ages of their commanding officers.
    Mental quickness, physical health, and ability to handle stress were factors.
    Not to mention, older guys were like.. "Holy Crap! I can die doing this!"
    Younger guys were like.. "I think I can do it!"

Top Bottom