• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Gabe wasn't being loud nor obnoxious. What he said is the truth, and I don't agree with him 100% of the time.

This was a good video.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Gabe wasn't being loud nor obnoxious. What he said is the truth, and I don't agree with him 100% of the time.This was a good video.

Not to start a argument but,
    I don't get how you can say he wasn't obnoxious and condescending towards overweight people. Calling fat people Fudds and so on. Like a fat person can't carry appendix.

The question I have about Gabe is this the cop from California that is a convicted felon from about 15 years ago?

A quick Google and what did I find out?
    Seems Gabe is a former Santa Monica police officer has pleaded guilty to Workers Compensation fraud, money laundering and grand theft. ( over a $ 110,000 )
    And now lives in Costa Rica and most of what he teaches is in South America.
    Seems it's tough to teach firearms classes when you can't buy, own or carry one here.
    What I see him teach is more of life's " Don'ts than Do's.

I guess I fail to see what some see in these Instructors that have had there lives looked into by the State or Federal Authoritys because of their actions and / or done time for being a convicted Felon.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    He was calling people that do stupid things with guns Fudds.

But yeah, that's the same guy. He got hurt when he was a cop and collected workman's comp while operating his business.

Half the time he's dead on, the other half he's pretty wrong. I've received enough instruction to develop a filter for stupidity and the ability to ignore the source and focus on the content. Gabe is definitely one of those people that requires a filter.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not to start a argument but,
    I don't get how you can say he wasn't obnoxious and condescending towards overweight people. Calling fat people Fudds and so on. Like a fat person can't carry appendix.

The question I have about Gabe is this the cop from California that is a convicted felon from about 15 years ago?

A quick Google and what did I find out?
    Seems Gabe is a former Santa Monica police officer has pleaded guilty to Workers Compensation fraud, money laundering and grand theft. ( over a $ 110,000 )
    And now lives in Costa Rica and most of what he teaches is in South America.
    Seems it's tough to teach firearms classes when you can't buy, own or carry one here.
    What I see him teach is more of life's " Don'ts than Do's.
    If by Costa Rica, you mean Prescott AZ, and by South America, you mean all over the Untied States and world, and if by felony you mean misdemeanor, then yes it's the same guy? And if by can't own a firearm, you mean lisenced FFL dealer, then yup same dude? Proof positive that you don't know what you don't know!

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    If by Costa Rica, you mean Prescott AZ, and by South America, you mean all over the Untied States and world, and if by felony you mean misdemeanor, then yes it's the same guy? And if by can't own a firearm, you mean lisenced FFL dealer, then yup same dude? Proof positive that you don't know what you don't know!

Like I posted earlier, I'm not going to get in a argument over someone that knowingly stole over $ 110,000 thousand dollars, was found guilty on multiple charges. It makes no difference to me of he was found guilty of a felony or a plea bargained for misdemeanor. He was defruading the system and he got cought.
    He has zero integrity with most people. I would never take any instructor serious with the belittling anyone the way he did in that video. And I will add depending on what State he is in he still I don't believe he can even be around firearms.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    Ignoring the colorful banter from the video, his comments on appendix carry are right on in my opinion. I appendix carry my Glock 19 Gen 4 and have found it to be the best carry position for me. I've tried other positions but through practice and much trial and error I found appendix to be good for me and what he says is solid.

In my opinion there are plenty of folks like this video guy out there that think they are Delta Force Recon Team 6 pro shooters and ultimately they turn out to be tea bags who like to wear tactical clothes and shoot guns but occasionally those folk do speak the truth and as my father used to say, "even and idiot can teach you something" even if that is what not to do.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Ignoring the colorful banter from the video, his comments on appendix carry are right on in my opinion. I appendix carry my Glock 19 Gen 4 and have found it to be the best carry position for me. I've tried other positions but through practice and much trial and error I found appendix to be good for me and what he says is solid.

In my opinion there are plenty of folks like this video guy out there that think they are Delta Force Recon Team 6 pro shooters and ultimately they turn out to be tea bags who like to wear tactical clothes and shoot guns but occasionally those folk do speak the truth and as my father used to say, "even and idiot can teach you something" even if that is what not to do.

:yesway:

The hard part can be figuring out when you're getting bad advice from someone who otherwise knows what they're doing.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Maybe in sunny AZ where you rarely wear a jacket or coat that might have a draw string get into your trigger guard then sure, go ahead and point it at your junk.

Until holsters get little AR500 bullet deflectors built in then I'll avoid the possible, if not very rare chance of losing my burrito.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Maybe in sunny AZ where you rarely wear a jacket or coat that might have a draw string get into your trigger guard then sure, go ahead and point it at your junk.

Until holsters get little AR500 bullet deflectors built in then I'll avoid the possible, if not very rare chance of losing my burrito.

I won't wear a coat/jacket that has drawstrings on it.

Top Bottom