• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I know this has been hashed out a lot on this site, and I even went to Handgunlaw.us, but I am still confused by the "resident tag" that Florida adds to their reciprocity rule.

The way I understand it after some searches here and elsewhere, is that if I am a legal Indiana resident with a current ltch, I can CC legally in Florida. Is that correct? Please make the answer easy, just "yes or no"! :D Every time I think I understand it, someone goes off on some long explanation and I get confused again.

I am not sure why this is so difficult for me to get my head around from what I have read. I am sure it is because I am just as dense as a rock, but I want to be 100% certain I understand the law before we head down there for Spring Break, I don't want it to turn into a much longer, unanticipated stay!!!

Thanks, and sorry for the question that has already been asked a million times.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yes, but you must follow the FL Laws around carrying a firearm.

^ This.
    Go back to Handgunlaw.us and be sure you understand the nuances of Florida laws.
    Generally you're good to go.
    It's been years since I last traveled to Florida, and yes, I did carry legally at the time using my Indiana license.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I'm assuming the OP is referring to this from handgunlaw.us:

After the list of states from which permits/licenses are honored (the list includes Indiana), it says "Florida will only honor permits from residents of the states they honor. They will not honor a NonResidentpermit from any state they honor."

Seems pretty straightforward to me - you must possess a resident license from a state on the list; not sure what the confusion is. What am I missing?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    And don't even think that you'll get in to the Disney parks while carrying.

My understanding is that there are now magnetometers in place.

They don't even like off-duty LEO carrying while off duty and patronizing the park.

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    This

Having said that you can legally carry in your vehicle in FL without a CCW and being CC only state everyone carry's and no one knows so most don't stress it.

FL law says the firearm must be in a covered box in your vehicle. It cannot be on your person without a Licence/ permit.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    And don't even think that you'll get in to the Disney parks while carrying.

My understanding is that there are now magnetometers in place.

They don't even like off-duty LEO carrying while off duty and patronizing the park.
    Same at Universal Orlando... Not even pocket knife! They looked twice at my ink pen and flashlight, too...

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Same at Universal Orlando... Not even pocket knife! They looked twice at my ink pen and flashlight, too...

Went to Disney last week, at Magic kingdom there were no metal detectors and walked right in, went to Epcot the second day and there were legit metal detectors there.

Went to Florida state Fair last week as well, full metal detectors there and I went off, showed them my phone set it off and not a word from them, idiots. There poor guys in front and behind me were of other races and got hassled big-time.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    We were at Disney not to long ago - first day, effectively security just waved you by. The rest of the time we were there, metal detectors and pocket emptying at every park.

Top Bottom