• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    One of my offspring is planning a Grand Canyon camping trip this spring. What's the current status of concealed carry in the Grand Canyon/Nat'l Park?

IIRC, there was a rule change some years ago, a legal challenge, etc., but I lost track of the final result.

References to authoritative sources appreciated.

(I did find a GC trip report from 2010 that makes me think it is legal for IN LTCH holders.)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Not ALL buildings are prohibited. Stand-alone restrooms, for example, should be OK to "go". Ahem.

Restrooms with an entrance only from the inside of an office/gift shop/ etc - gonna be a no-go.

I'm not sure, however, about dual-entrance restrooms. (Where you can gain access to the restroom from the outside AND inside the building it's attached to).

Other buildings within the property may also not be automatically prohibited if they're owned/managed by an outside entity. Like perhaps a restaurant, hotel, historic site, etc. Those will all be case-by-case specific and the prohibited places will be marked.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    See, now I want to ride down into the 'Canyon on the back of the tiniest burro available. Dressed like Gold Hat from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    How I picture it going down:
    BurroCart2ADJ.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I carries while there and didn't have any issues. Concealed though. Arizona is very carry friendly, but at the grand canyon you will obviously have a much different crowd. I cannot think of any buildings I approached that were an issue. Most of my time was spent outside and in a restaurant on the rim eating lunch. You should be just fine though.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Good to remember.Planning to hit the Grand Canyon among others on a massive road trip this summer. I recall seeing the no gun signs on the gift shop at SMNP.

Top Bottom