Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Legality of Extendable Batons

Does anybody here know of any specific state/federal laws that prohibit possession of an extendable baton? This seems like it could be a pretty feasible alternative to regular carry in many cases where gun/knife carry is questionable.

Just a thought here..

Where are you going to be that carry of a knife is disallowed, but a baton would be overlooked??

A hard plastic baton would get through security in places a knife would not.
    いつも祈りに励みなさい

Certified Glock Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
    A hard plastic baton would get through security in places a knife would not.
    who makes an extendable hard plastic baton?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    who makes an extendable hard plastic baton?

I have no idea! Haha. I bet someone does though, research time!

Here we go: China Telescopic Baton. Wenzhou Manufacturer, Exporter
    いつも祈りに励みなさい

I believe any citizen should be able to carry any weapon they wish. That said a expandable baton screams police. This is about avoiding the appearance of evil. A sturdy pen in the eye like the Zebra 701 which you can carry anywhere..even in your hand, will stop a fight as fast as an ASP, and you will not hesitate to use it like a prohibited weapon.- Just my $.02- George
    Training over tools

That one is junk, get a Manadnok or an ASP expandable baton. As with everything else...you need training with them. There is much more to a baton than it looks. Strike someone in the wrong place and they could die.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Where are you going to be that carry of a knife is disallowed, but a baton would be overlooked??
    School property perhaps? (Knife a no-go, but club is okey-dokey [by state law]).
    Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association, new website and see us on Facebook!

FLA state law requires you have a CWL to carry a expandable batton.... not sure if you were wondering just about IN or not. As to Indiana, I never bothered to look it up.
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."
    Thomas Jefferson

www.military-arms.com

I specifically reserached the expandible baton before because I was trained with one in Wisconsin years ago. I was told that the use of the expandable baton is considered to be a "dealy weapon" catagory thus it's use should be treated exactly like your firearm. That's all I have heard.
    Proud to be a Sheepdog

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast