Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marksman

Not sure about what Sherriff's dept said

I went to renew my wife's carry permit. The woman that ran the paperwork told us that my wife could continue to carry with a copy of the paperwork for her new permit until the real one came in the mail. Anyone know for sure? Would a cop on the street accept this, I have my doubts.

She's good to go as long as she applied within 30 days of its expiration.

If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon. You'll need to carry your application receipt along with your license until the renewal arrives.
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by patton487 View Post
    I went to renew my wife's carry permit. The woman that ran the paperwork told us that my wife could continue to carry with a copy of the paperwork for her new permit until the real one came in the mail. Anyone know for sure? Would a cop on the street accept this, I have my doubts.
    Call the In. State Police, at 317-232-8264, this is firearms licensing, they can tell you... The last I heard, if you applied before your current permit expired, then you were good to carry, with the old permit, and the new app., in your possession... til your new permit came in the mail..... but please check ...
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Dang Scutter is all over it!! No wonder why your a mod. Always on top of it. lol
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and military. -William S. Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by smiley69_300 View Post
    Dang Scutter is all over it!! No wonder why your a mod. Always on top of it. lol
    It's in the FAQ...

Meh.

INGO has a FAQ???

Quote Originally Posted by Scutter01 View Post
    It's in the FAQ...
    you mean you actually read those must have been studying for your mod exam

Marksman
    Scutter beat me to it, but Indiana law says yes, if she's applying 30 days or less before her current permit expires:
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    No idea whether any particular LEO might know about that statute, but it is what it is and says what it says.
    Last edited by WabashMX5; 02-16-2010 at 09:57. Reason: Scutter beat me to it. That's what I get for opening a zillion tabs at once and taking a leisurely read through them.

Marksman
    Thanks for the info!

You did apply for the lifetime LTCH this time, right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast