Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Assisting a LEO when disarming you?

Here's a thought... Someone posted a video about a group of people in CA being "e-checked" while OCing...http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related, The kid in the video explains to the officer how to "e-check" his weapon. I have also read numerous posts where OC'ers have been disarmed by LEOs and the LEO was unfamiliar with their firearm. My question is... IF a "trained" LEO ever INSISTED on disarming you while you were LEGALLY CARRYING, then would you assist the LEO and help familiarize them with how your firearm operates? Or! Would you utilize your 'right to remain silent' and see how it unfolds? My thinking is that if anything were to go wrong (AND I NEVER WISH HARM ON ANYONE) then the blame will fall on the LEO. After that maybe LEOs will think twice before disarming LEGAL CARRYING CITIZENS... it could also make someone very rich

Marksman
    I would be afraid that the unfolding of what could go wrong might make my heirs very rich.

Grandmaster
    Wow, they can carry and still refuse to show ID in CA?

Wow... I just... from California... uh... ummm... never expected that...

you can tell the officer was trying to be careful of what he said and did after he noticed he was being recorded

Quote Originally Posted by Rab˙ros View Post
    you can tell the officer was trying to be careful of what he said and did after he noticed he was being recorded

Maybe, but his demeanor suggested he probably would not have acted much differently even without the recording. There were at least two other LEOs in the background ready to assist that never came anywhere near the "scene".

Meh.

Okay couple Noob questions..........

One why are the guns unloaded? Is that their state law? Isn't it kinda pointless for the guns to be unloaded?

Two how can the refuse to show I.D.? I thought that an LEO could I.D you and check for valid LTCH permit.

Just wandering
    DONT LEAVE YOUR ACCOUNT LOGGED IN. BAD THINGS MIGHT HAPPEN

Quote Originally Posted by DocGlock86 View Post
    Okay couple Noob questions..........

One why are the guns unloaded? Is that their state law? Isn't it kinda pointless for the guns to be unloaded?

Two how can the refuse to show I.D.? I thought that an LEO could I.D you and check for valid LTCH permit.

Just wandering
    Only big wig politicians and movie stars can get a carry permit in CA. The rest of the "little people" can only open carry unloaded firearms. You can at least have a loaded magazine on your person (as these men did), so it could be loaded quickly (probably not quickly enough though).

Since they weren't doing anything that required any kind of license or permit to verify and there was no probable cause that they were committing any kind of crime, the LEO had no right to demand an ID. It was nice to see he knew that.

Despite the politeness and professionalism of the LEO, it is still disgusting to see a couple clean cut guys obviously doing nothing more than enjoying a coffee bothered by an LEO just because they chose to exercise their rights.

what does he mean by "e check"?
    This post is in violation of SOPA.

Dang this is crazy...I did not know you could open carry in California with an unloaded gun and an extra loaded mag....WTH!
    We can't plan life. All we can do is be available for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHOOTHST'S View Post
    Dang this is crazy...I did not know you could open carry in California with an unloaded gun and an extra loaded mag....WTH!
    For now...

East Bay police chief calls for open-carry ban | Political Blotter

Meh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast