• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here's a helmet-cam video from [STRIKE]Fallujah[/STRIKE] Tucson, AZ, where a SWAT team fired 71 shots during a raid on a former marine's home.

As you can see the peacekeepers made swiss cheese of this enemy combatant.

Let's talk tactics. How do you survive this home invasion? What can John Q. Gunowner do to prepare for an invasion of Peace Officers who are looking for illegal plants?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP0f00_JMak[/ame]

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think I found the answer.

The First Zombie-Proof House
    ZIXe5.jpg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't doubt the fact that they have helmet cams. As tight lipped as they are being, how do we know that this is THE video. How did you get it? In other words, where did this video come from?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Let's assume this is THE video. It would be obvious that the police made their presence known. It would also be obvious that it was NOT a no knock entry. That still raises questions.
    1. Why the cover up?
    Most important...
    2. Why the refusal of medical treatment?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't doubt the fact that they have helmet cams. As tight lipped as they are being, how do we know that this is THE video. How did you get it? In other words, where did this video come from?

Your guess is as good as mine. I found it on YouTube. Its about to go viral.

Let's assume this is THE video. It would be obvious that the police made their presence known. It would also be obvious that it was NOT a no knock entry.

I didn't see any knocking going on. They breached the door. Remember this is at 9:00 AM. The family was probably asleep.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Kinda looks like he's knocking around the :25 second mark. I could be wrong.

I think you are referring to what the officer did around the :27-28 mark...The door was knocked down about 6 seconds later.

I don't know about you, but I can't ever recall a time that I was able to answer the door within 6 seconds of someone knocking...I sure as heck hope that that wouldn't be considered a "knock" warrant.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Kinda leaves a lot more questions than it answers.
    Putting aside that this is allegedly the entry into the Tucson home, my guess that this "squad" is not a highly trained SWAT team that the mind pictures. Even basic entry tatics are ignored.
    They crowd the doorway, leaving themselves as unprotected targets. One of them can be seen with what looks like a Mossy 835 slung barrel down on his back as he walks toward the doorway. The door is breeched and at least one of the walks away from it?
    The have rifles/shottys (can't really tell) yet none seem to at ready for entry. You can see at least two with pistols drawn instead.
    I'd have to say that it really doesnt look like these guys were ready for what they were doing, not taking it seriously, or a combination of the two. :dunno:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Kinda leaves a lot more questions than it answers.
    Putting aside that this is allegedly the entry into the Tucson home, my guess that this "squad" is not a highly trained SWAT team that the mind pictures. Even basic entry tatics are ignored.
    They crowd the doorway, leaving themselves as unprotected targets. One of them can be seen with what looks like a Mossy 835 slung barrel down on his back as he walks toward the doorway. The door is breeched and at least one of the walks away from it?
    The have rifles/shottys (can't really tell) yet none seem to at ready for entry. You can see at least two with pistols drawn instead.
    I'd have to say that it really doesnt look like these guys were ready for what they were doing, not taking it seriously, or a combination of the two. :dunno:

Just one note about your observation about the guy "leaving the door", as I was informed by my Marine Sargent buddy who did "Door to Doors" in Iraq that whoever "Blows the door" is the last one in, this gives them time to drop(or reload if using a shotty) the breach tool and transition to whatever weapon they will be clearing with.

So the guy swinging the breach tool isn't really out of place by retreating to the rear, it just looks really awkward when he does it.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Just one note about your observation about the guy "leaving the door", as I was informed by my Marine Sargent buddy who did "Door to Doors" in Iraq that whoever "Blows the door" is the last one in, this gives them time to drop(or reload if using a shotty) the breach tool and transition to whatever weapon they will be clearing with.

So the guy swinging the breach tool isn't really out of place by retreating to the rear, it just looks really awkward when he does it.
    Sergeant, but yeah....I agree with both of you, but more with the poster above you.

That whole thing looks like guys with bad tactics filming a movie. Why the huge crowd at the door, the lack of purposeful movement, ignoring the windows right beside them?
    Certainly, in any operation, there are things that can be critiqued, but watching that feels more like 1960 police raid, where cowboying up meant more than field of fire, cordoning the target building, or dispersion.:twocents:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

I can understand that. It makes sense explained that way.

I was a participant in several drug raids in conjuntion with joint investigations with the Polizei while stationed in Germany, years ago. Even then, once a door was breeched, we went in quickly, low and high on both sides, fanning and clearing as we went. These guys just seem to stand there with no purpose in mind and wait for the one entry officer.
    Just observations, for sure.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I heard sirens at the beginning. Doesn't that tip off the residents? At 9:00 am I hear sirens and then door knocks, I may not have enogh time to answer the door but I surely could drop my weapon and get my hands up. Sure is easy to second guess by watching the video.

Top Bottom