Hammond
    Last edited:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    I'm not sure about Cabela's serving breakfast, but we could do a breakfast. And if you want to go to Cabelas, I'm always ready, it's too close to me not to go.

As for Rhino, we can try anything once HA!

M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    Ill try and make this one, family thing came up last minute...Why don't we wait until March? Much nicer weather....

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I guess that I don't see what you are trying to acomplish, why would you want to parade around showing your gun?

Isn't a large part of CC to use the element of surprise to get the drop on the bad guy?

The left is always looking for ways to make us look like crazy people that are gun nuts, my :twocents:

M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    I guess that I don't see what you are trying to acomplish, why would you want to parade around showing your gun?

Isn't a large part of CC to use the element of surprise to get the drop on the bad guy?

The left is always looking for ways to make us look like crazy people that are gun nuts, my :twocents:

It isn't about parading your gun in public, it's about educating the public. Haven't you read enough threads in this very forum about the open carry movement, or are you just trying to troll?

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It isn't about parading your gun in public, it's about educating the public. Haven't you read enough threads in this very forum about the open carry movement, or are you just trying to troll?

I resent that you would insinuate that I'm a troll. I have never heard of an open carry movement.

I don't see how this "educates the public".

I carry ever day, I even carry in places with the stupid "no guns sign". I keep my Glock 30 concealed so that they don't have any reason to ask me to leave.

If you build a relationship with someone they are far more willing to listen to your reasons why you should take the sign down.

If a person is so scared of guns that they put up a sign they aren't going to be impressed by seeing a bunch of people carrying.

I talked to a lady today that has had 2 burglary attemps at her home in the last week and she would rather hope that the police can make it in time then to own a gun, and that is her right.

None of us want to be told what to do, most people respond to a kind word.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    :horse:

Lately, it's not just the lefties.

Way to show new members that they can ask a legitimate question.

I have owned guns for 10 years but I had never been on a gun site before a month or so ago.

Some of the "old timers" may be tired of hearing the same questions, if so look the other way instead of dicounting my attempt to understand something by calling me a leftist without knowing me.

I have a lot of friends that when I tell them about this they will laugh becasue they think I lean so far to the right that I can't stand straight.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I posted a current thread where the opponents of OC are mostly folks who would be considered far right. Not just the lefties meant that this is a division in the righties of which you and I are both self proclaimed members. The horse does get beaten a lot but I am sorry if I offended you.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland

That's your opinion, and that's fine, you are 100% entitled to it. To counter the element of surprise point, some feel that OC is a deterrent to some criminals Some of us like to OC for a multitude of reasons, from being FAR more comfortable than CCing to the opportunity to talk guns with unknowing people. These same people who ask you questions regarding the laws/guns would just walk on by if you were CCing.

:twocents:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    That's your opinion, and that's fine, you are 100% entitled to it. To counter the element of surprise point, some feel that OC is a deterrent to some criminals Some of us like to OC for a multitude of reasons, from being FAR more comfortable than CCing to the opportunity to talk guns with unknowing people. These same people who ask you questions regarding the laws/guns would just walk on by if you were CCing.

:twocents:

You start a lot of your posts like this "That's your opinion" :D

I had not thought about the being able to answer questions angle.

I guess I was imagining a group of 50 people all open carrying and being loud and disruptive and I didn't see how that would change peoples opinion of people with guns.

If the group truely went around just behaving like anyone else, IE shoping, eating, ect then I can see how it would be ok, maybe even helpfull.

I will have to think about this, I may have been wrong on this.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Cabela's serves breakfast? :banana:

Cool.

Cabelas serves food at their little cafeteria style counter, which they ignorantly call the "Black Oak Cafe". The irony is that black oak is the name of a section of Gary, mostly poor whitetrashy type people. Its like a white version of the ghetto. I mean no offense to board members here who live in black oak. There are many respectable people in all areas of the state, and I don't mean to infer bad things because a person lives in a given area. Having said that, there is a reason that area has a reputation.

Top Bottom