• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    MG, are you really trying to discourage those who are willing to exercise our carry rights despite the headaches? You don't have to help with the cure for those headaches but don't throw hypotheticals and opinions at folks who are, among other things, trying to make it a little more common and acceptable for the sheep. If you have a strong compunction for others to hide it, I'm not sure you've made that clear.:dunno:

So... happy CCing!

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you want us gun owners to be looked at as a fringe group and as criminals, then keep hiding your guns and discouraging others from carrying openly. As long as we do that, OC will be rare, and people will freak out (so you say) when they see a gun and want them outlawed. but if they see guys (and girls) like us, walking around with our families, with our kids, they might say to themselves, "hey, that guy's just like me." or "hey, those kids are cute and well behaved. Oh, their dad's carrying an XD. Pretty cool."

From the OP.

It sounded like you posted to get a rise even though not at anyone in particular. Not pissy, just wondering if you really do want others to hide it. If that would benefit you or gunowners in some way?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I can't make decisions for others... I just gave my opinion of OCing.

It wasn't intended to butthurt anyone, but obviously it did.

Do what you wish. I'm all about personal freedoms, especially when it comes to the Pro 2A movement.

But this isn't the America our founding forefathers intended it to be.

If it was... nobody would have issues about legal citizens packing... OC or not.

Well you can resign yourself to the way America is now and accept the nation's shift to the left, or you can let everybody who sees you know that guns are okay by carrying openly. It's up to you.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Well you can resign yourself to the way America is now and accept the nation's shift to the left, or you can let everybody who sees you know that guns are okay by carrying openly. It's up to you.

I think everyone should exercise "their" right to keep and bare arms anyway they want too. You like to OC then OC, same goes for CC. I personally choose to CC 99.9%, why you ask? It’s a personal choice I say and I will not ask you why you choose to carry the way you do. You can debate all day long on OC vs. CC and we hear the same arguments we have heard before. Machinegun simply expressed his opinion as did ATM and others. Making the choice to CC is not resigning ourselves to the way America is now, nor do we accept the nations shift to the left. The simple fact that a weapon is displayed in the open is not going to make people think guns are ok. A lot more has to go into that for it to be effective.

If this thread is intended to be a OC vs CC type thread, then lets start that debate. Warning....My arguments will provoke stong emotional responses and those of you with week tickers might want to dismiss yourself.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have no problem with CCing (I do it most of the time, especially in the winter) I just have a problem with the reasons given for not OCing-that it offends the sheeple; that it isn't common (well, no kidding, if we don't do it, it will be uncommon); and that the United States isn't the country that was intended by our founders. If our founders intended for everyone to keep and bear arms openly, should we just sit and complain that nobody openly carries, or should we get out there and do it?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Love a debate (good for the ticker and the thinker) but it's been done many times. If the mods don't care, start a new thread?

ETA: Maybe leave this thread for the social issue discussed above.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Love a debate (good for the ticker and the thinker) but it's been done many times. If the mods don't care, start a new thread?

If we wait long enough scutter01 will link us to the past debates. :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Done! You boys have fun!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Has anyone read Massad Ayoob's concealed carry book? He tells about two examples of private citizens in Indiana that were disarmed and almost killed because the bad guy could see their gun.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    My bad you all... I didn't mean to mess up that other thread.

I will stand in the corner until play time is over. :n00b:

Play time is over!!!

Done! You boys have fun!

What no links to previous debates? :D
    Ok let’s get this started off hot and heavy, I think some people OC because they are wannabes, attention seekers, or kooks. I only see one tactical advantage to OC and that would be a quick draw. How much slower if any while CCing? I know people I wouldn't want to draw against if they were using an ankle holster and me a drop leg speed holster.

Now for the old "it makes people more aware of our 2AM RTBA". Just having your weapon displayed openly does not bring that awareness. What gets them there is your explanation of the laws and corporate policies. You may have made a few store employees become aware but did you change them to your way of thinking or did they just do as there told?

I don’t like the attention. I have better things to do with my time then to explain to everyone or take the time to pull out my license for the cops. They have better things to do also.

Just an off-wall question. Say you CC and while walking out in a dark parking lot your spider tingly goes off. You lift your shirt so the weapon is in plain sight and ready but still holstered. Would this be considered Brandishing?

The above statement is for debate purposes only. I do not claim to agree or disagree with anything I post. :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No harm done MG.

Think of it this way:

Your post was SOOOO good, that we decided it deserved its own thread! lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom