• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tlcmbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Woodburn, In.
    I was talking to a guy about the LTCH and told him that I had a hard enough time keeping the old 4 year license in decent shape so when the lifetime arrived I had it laminated.He said he hoped it was still legal because he heard that it was not legal to have this done.Why it's printed on pink copy paper has never made sense to me.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    +1 to the above.

A side note: To make sure it is actually legal though, sign it before you laminate it. Do not ask how I know this..... :dunno: :):

I will do it correctly when my lifetime arrives soon lol.

tlcmbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Woodburn, In.
    I know how you know that because years ago I laminated one then had a hell of a time signing on the laminate then laminated over it again.This was when you still had to apply your thumb print to it in the lower corner.Good thing I had done that already.

joker7037

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    A side note: To make sure it is actually legal though, sign it before you laminate it. Do not ask how I know this..... :dunno: :):
    I just realised I never signed mine. Have had my Life LTCH laminated since May of last year. :ugh:
    Anyone know the process for getting a replacement? Oh, and it yes it is recomended to laminate. One of questions I asked when at the police station.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If the lamination is not too old, you may be able to carefully slice it open and peel it off. If it's been done for a while, the printing on the license may come off with the lamination, so be careful. If you used one of those cheapie do-it-yourself stick laminations, you're screwed. If you used clear plastic package tape, you're screwed.

This is another reason why it's a good idea to scan or photocopy your license before you do anything to it (cut it out, sign it, laminate).

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I did not sign the original, and copied it 10 times. I signed each of these, then laminated them. I still have not signed the original and it will go into the safe like that so I can copy again in the future as needed. Kinkos for $3.09 copy and laminate.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    +1

Thank you very much. I think I may have it taken care of. When I laminated my LTCH I did a crappy job and I was able to cut it free and sign it. Now I just need to relaminate. I saved the link to the replacement form in my favorites, I will no doubt need it in the future.

If you haven't already, make several copies before laminating it.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    A friend had her's laminated at one of the copy shops in town. They forgot to put the plastic lamination is the sleeve before running it through the laminator. Needless to say her license ended up wrapped around the hot roller and pretty much destroyed it.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    A friend had her's laminated at one of the copy shops in town. They forgot to put the plastic lamination is the sleeve before running it through the laminator. Needless to say her license ended up wrapped around the hot roller and pretty much destroyed it.

I hope she demanded, and got, the money for the cost of a replacement.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I did not sign the original, and copied it 10 times. I signed each of these, then laminated them. I still have not signed the original and it will go into the safe like that so I can copy again in the future as needed. Kinkos for $3.09 copy and laminate.

This. Exactly.

You will thank indyjoe!

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I went to Kinko's, and the guy behind the counter knew exactly what I had, and made sure I signed it We talked a bit and it turns out he has one of his own.

According to my social security card, which is ragged, worn, and a nice pinkish color after going through the wash a few times, it (SS card) is not valid if it is laminated.

Look2thewest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Evansville
    Iwish they would give us cards similar to drivers licenses. I mean other states do that for 4 year card. We have lifetime damnit and instead we get pink paper

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I laminated mine, and then managed to split the while thing in half, which was cute. With a combination of tape, a new sheet of laminate, and a helpful Fed Ex employee, we managed to get it back into shape. He made some crack about IN needed nice cards like other states got as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Iwish they would give us cards similar to drivers licenses. I mean other states do that for 4 year card. We have lifetime damnit and instead we get pink paper

The LTCH costs too much and involves too much time in it's current configuration. Can you imagine how much it would take for the state to develop and use a better quality LTCH? I say let them go on with their business, and leave this system alone. The pink paper works, and laminating it is a minor hassle. I'd much rather keep the government out of it- they are bound to screw something up. Ask them to do more, and they will take longer, cost more, and be less effective. I can do my own laminating, thank you.

Not to mention, with the current design, you can copy it and be set for life. You couldn't do that with a plastic ID card. First time you lose your wallet, put it through the dryer, etc, you'd be back on the phone with ISP requesting another one.

Top Bottom