Man stabbed in Crown Point on Thanksgiving.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    A friend of mine was very good friends with Brandon and gave a little more detail then the media did. The media portrayed this as a bar fight more or less.

From my friend:
    Brandon was walking with a group of friends that included his wife. A stranger walked right through the middle of their 8 person group, pushing people to the side. Words were obviously exchanged. A fight broke out and Brandon was trying to break it up. The stranger began punching Brandon and his friends didn't realize he was actually stabbing him.

Prosecutor handed C.P. fatal stabbing case

This is a prime example of how fast a bad situation can turn really, really bad. A firearm could have stopped this incident at a confrontation.

Also always be aware of the 21 foot rule*

*Speaking of which, a good article explains why it may actually be more than 21 feet.
    Edged Weapon Defense: Is or was the 21-foot rule valid? (Part 1)

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Good thing to remember. I was taught years ago that the 21 foot rule is quite factual. We watched videos of officers entering a room with blanks. They were told that a person was inside acting strange. The scenario was as such that the officer went into the room to investigate. No other details were given to the officer. The suspect had a rubber knife and the officer officer had blanks. The officer enters and withing seconds the guy turns and charges from 21 feet. Four officers never got a shot off. One officer got two shots off and one of his key was that he moved to the side while doing so.

We were also taught that if you are not paying attention to the person, you are 2 and a half seconds behind his actions. Even if you see him as a possible threat and he attacks, you are syill a full second behind him. That is a long time

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    sorry to hear about your friend, we live in CP and are on the square very often. i know it can happen anywhere, but it still shocks me to see it in our own backyard.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sorry to hear about your friend's friend. Where they leaving the bar at this late a night? Or were they heading to the bar? So the killer pushed his way thru the group and was it the group that exchanged some words with him & then the killer went on the attack?

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Sorry to hear about your friend's friend. Where they leaving the bar at this late a night? Or were they heading to the bar? So the killer pushed his way thru the group and was it the group that exchanged some words with him & then the killer went on the attack?

I believe they were leaving the bar. I didn't ask for any more details when he told me the story but I assumed this man was on drugs, has a mental issue, or the facts have been stretched and this wasn't a complete stranger to someone in the group.

But after he broke through their group words led to a fight between the man and the group. Which led to the stabbing.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    My wife new the victim, I believe she mentioned it that night. She was actually on the square, walking to her car, around the time of the stabbing. As a Christmas present shes getting a carry license and my glock. Scary when this type of act happens, literally, blocks away from your home.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's odd that they haven't released names/details much yet due to too much conflicting eyewitness accounts. Hrm. Was the guy single/married? Kids? Very sad all around.

Top Bottom