• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I know this is an old news from 2010, but the story of Bishnu Shresta is an amazing story of bravery when faced with overwhelming odds. This man single-handedly took on a group of 30 armed robbers and prevented the gang rape of an 18 year old girl infront of her parents.

If you haven't hear about this before, it's worth a quick read.

Indian Soldier Awarded for Fighting Off 30 Train Attackers in 2010

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    When the bad guys ducked out if his compartment, just before he pulled his knife, he must have opened up a can of whoopass. That's awesome.

HB

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "I am proud to be able to prove that a Gorkha [alternate spelling of Gurkha] soldier with a khukuri is really a handful. I would have been a meek spectator had I not carried that khukuri."

We would all be spectators if not for our weapons. Heck of a story!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Very excellent story. My dad has a Kurkri that he brought back from the Phillipines; wicked looking knife, and could obviously do some serious damage.

Glad that he was there, and give those thugs what they had coming. We need more like him.

Also, just imagine how many he would've gotten if he had had a friend, or maybe a gun.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Damn, gotta love those Gurkhas.

"Well, we needed to identify the body, and it was heavy, and they were shooting at us, and this was just easier."

I say it again; we need to send more guys like that over there.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Great story, all of the ones posted on here about them. I have read about all of them before, but always great reading stories like these. (Although, Im glad to read that the one is being returned to duty for doing his job.) I would like to believe that when the time comes, that I will stand up to do whats right, no matter how out numbered. As you can see, they were mostly coward bullies that ran after he opened the can. Then again, having seen what one can do with that knife, probably smarter that they did. I probably wouldn't have done as well, but I am not going to stand by and let something like that go down in front of me like Im good with it.
    Thanks for posting the story.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    He was a British Gurkha. That's what they do!! Whenever a British unit learns s that the Gurkha's will be providing fire support they know the fight is won before the first shorts are fired. These guys are fierce warriors and 100% loyal. They have a total disregard for their personal safety. And yet they are the most respectful and gentle people you will find on a battlefield.

Top Bottom