Convenience store robbery, Merrillville. Clerk shot dead.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock22-27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Heard about this this morning, Hezberg diamonds (sp) was robbed last week one day too.

The jewelry store is not even a mile from me and the convenience store is just a about 2-3 miles away from me. Gotta love it.....

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Uh, hate to bust anyones paranoia bubbles but....

we are talking about jewelry store clerks, and conveniance store folks....arent we?

Like... the two "Most Likely to be Shot" professions in the universe...

Just sayin.

Just because the Pizza Delivery guy gets shot doesnt mean they are comin after you in your white collar day job with a humvee full of AKs.

:dunno:

Just sayin there are threat levels, and diamonds and all night conveniance stores are the TOP of that chart.

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County

we are talking about jewelry store clerks, and conveniance store folks....arent we?

Just sayin.

Just because the Pizza Delivery guy gets shot doesnt mean they are comin after you in your white collar day job with a humvee full of AKs.

Just sayin there are threat levels, and diamonds and all night conveniance stores are the TOP of that chart.

Criminals are opportunists, like predators. All it takes is for them to think of you as vulnerable no matter where, when or who.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Just sayin.

And you never go into a convenience store or a jewelry store? You think the bad guy would not rob and shoot you if you were in the store too?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I worked at the Phillips66 station on 41st and Cleveland in the 1970's. I got robbed at gun point twice in one month. I quit the job that night. That was a pretty nice neighborhood in the 1960's. My prayers and condolences for the families, and a length of rope for the perp.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Just sayin.

Okay. How about a co worker that had a flat tire on the way to work. Was robbed. Robber stated that he should kill the coworker. Co worker ran, no gunshot.

There are several instances of robbers turning into murderers.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Just sayin.

Well, since I don't work in a convenience store, I guess my safety's guaranteed. I might as well sell all my guns since it's obvious that there's no chance I'll ever need them..

Thanks for setting us all straight on that.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    LOL.. sorry. I didnt mean to pee on anyones paranoid cheerios.

I am just saying... "I am glad I carry because someone just got shot over in Afganistan" just doesnt make a ton of sense.

And yes, jewelry stores, and mini-marts are the Afganistan of crime. Robberys are rule not the exception.

Carry your guns, but the story of the flat tire is a WHOLE lot more relevent.

Home invasions, muggings, flat tire holdups, these are the things that affect those of us NOT in well known dangerous jobs.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You guys just don't get it. The GUN is the perpetrator in this whole scenario. The man holding the gun is just as much a victim as the clerk if not more so. The gun FORCED the bg into a life of crime! If it hadn't been for the gun the bg most likely would be a contestant on the apprentice or some such other drivel. Without the GUN crime doesn't exist! It's really that simple.:rolleyes:

And for those on this board that are "sarcastically challenged" the above is SARCASM!

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    This is what happened in Hammond this weekend.

Ten people were wounded, two critically, in shootings outside house parties Friday and Saturday nights, police said.
    Witnesses told police a party in the 7100 block of Van Buren Avenue was breaking up about 11:40 p.m. Friday when two groups of teens and adults began arguing. Someone opened fire, witnesses said, and four people were taken to local hospitals with gunshot wounds.
    Police said Sunday none of the victims' injuries appeared to be life-threatening.

Six people were shot Saturday night as a high school student's birthday party was ending shortly after 11 p.m. in the 2700 block of Cleveland Street, police said. Dozens of guests outside the house scattered when someone started shooting, witnesses told police.
    Two of those injured were taken to trauma centers in Illinois, police said, and remained in critical condition Sunday afternoon. The condition of the other four victims, who were taken to local hospitals, was not available.

Top Bottom