• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EM45HP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Indianapolis/Bloomington
    I was driving with my dad today and we started talking about guns. While we were talking, he said something that struck me very weird. He told me that he was talking to a couple co-workers and one, who I've always known to be very educated on guns and gun law, said that it's illegal to carry long guns loaded in the car. Said as soon as you get out, you can load em up, but while they're in the car, its illegal to have them loaded.

Just looking for some clarification. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Its perfectly legal to have a loaded long gun in your vehicle.

Ask him to show you the IC that says its illegal.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I believe it is legal (to have a loaded long gun in vechile, but I also believe if a LEO saw/found(:dunno:) a loaded gun (long or hand, license or not) in my vechile they would insist/unload it for me (for their protection/opportunity to harm me)?

So it may not really matter if it is legal or not.:n00b:

Unless it is SHTF mode (or some other reason I need extra protection), I do not intend to drive around with a loaded long gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ah yes, the old "pull laws out of my butt" statute. :):

LOL.

What happens is that people do not know so they repeat what they see on television show or what they read in a gun rag about another state.

It is called grafting. People graft in the law of another state into the Indiana Code.

Each time this happens rhino owes me a case of .45acp.

I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    LOL.

What happens is that people do not know so they repeat what they see on television show or what they read in a gun rag about another state.

It is called grafting. People graft in the law of another state into the Indiana Code.

Each time this happens rhino owes me a case of .45acp.

I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

I'm down with this. But Rhino, I'll accept a case of 9mm, much better deal. As the previous posts state, no IN law prevents this, therefore, perfectly legal. You can carry a loaded AR around the Indy circle, doesnt mean you won't have to have a long conversation though.

Edit: Wont end up having, not 'have' to have.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    NOT sure, on how old, but I do "remember" something about this ..... NOT sure if LAW, or just a "safety thing" .....

It is against the law (or at least was) to hunt from or on a motorized vehicle from the most part. There was an exception for duck hunting but the motor couldn't be running while actually hunting.

Top Bottom