Federal agent shoots ankle charging rat terrier in Fishers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Wow, just wow. Wonder how a civilian would have fared with the police department for doing the same thing.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I recently got bit by one of those ankle nippers. Took weeks for the puncture hole in my hand to heel.
    However, I would recommend hooking the foot under the dog's belly and sending it on a long arc across the yard vs shooting at it. He could have hit himself or someone else. Plus the long arc doesn't usually hurt the beast, but get's its attention for sure.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    In my line of work I am in and out of the homes of elderly people all the time. Small breed lap dogs seem to be pretty common in the homes of elderly people. I cannot count how many times I have been bit by these "ankle biters". They very rarely even get through my pants to break the skin. There is no reason he should have shot this dog. No I was not there but come on. I can see using force against a larger breed dog that could actually inflict damage. That is not the case here.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Agreed, Darrall. I've had to tell people that I won't come in the house until they lock the dog up. My first ride along I was inside a house, a pit comes charging out of a bedroom that the owner tried to enter. I was ready to kick it in the face, but the owner snatched it before it got to us.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    This is where I have a problem with LE. The buddy system thing is unsatisfactory and this guy should be getting the exact same treatment as any other citizen. There should be no dual justice system with some individuals being more equal than others.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Agreed, Darrall. I've had to tell people that I won't come in the house until they lock the dog up. My first ride along I was inside a house, a pit comes charging out of a bedroom that the owner tried to enter. I was ready to kick it in the face, but the owner snatched it before it got to us.

In your line of work I don't blame you, particularly if you had a pit come after you. A rat terrier, on the other hand, isn't much more than an overgrown chihuahua. Personally, I'd have either used the arc method described or turned and back kicked the little b@stard before he got to my ankles. But shooting the dog, really? What a chicken :poop:.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    What bothers me more then this idiot shooting FiFi, is the fact that he shot FiFi twice and the little dog is still alive! What the hell did he shoot it with a BB gun?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    What bothers me more then this idiot shooting FiFi, is the fact that he shot FiFi twice and the little dog is still alive! What the hell did he shoot it with a BB gun?

That, or this federal marshal needs to spend a lot more time at the range. Now I know why our government is buying up so much ammunition for training.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What the heck, a good set of leather boots would defeat most ankle biters.

Don't the Feds wear their jackboots when oppressing the masses?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That, or this federal marshal needs to spend a lot more time at the range. Now I know why our government is buying up so much ammunition for training.

Exactly! You think after shooting the little devil dog once ,the second shot would've been at a stationary target!

Top Bottom