• ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Nope...misplaced, by it's very definition, is unintentionally leaving something someplace, not forgetting where you put it. I don't buy the "I forgot I put a gun in the false ceiling of my classroom" either. As far as splitting hairs, you could use a little Friz Ease yourself.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nope...misplaced, by it's very definition, is unintentionally leaving something someplace...
    Do you think he intentionally left it in the ceiling when he resigned?

930495_8823637_b.jpg

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Can't defend him from what? Disobeying what should be considered an UNConstitutional law?

Perhaps lacking a certain responsibility, though.

I agree that laws against citizens owning, carrying, or defending themselves with firearms are unconstitutional, but there is no way that I believe that anyone has a right to abandon a firearm in a place where the property owner doesn't allow it and/or it could be accessed by minors or criminals or criminals who are minors.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Refresh my memory, when was it ever reasonable to hide a handgun in the false ceiling of a class room? Your defense of stupid gun owners, like this guy, is what weakens your legitimacy in pro 2A debates. Sometimes even guys we like, or think we'd like, screw up. Responsible firearm ownership comes with accountability. If someone isn't willing to accept that part of the equation, leave the guns to we who will.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    What's worse than off-body carry?

Stashing guns hither, thither, and yon "so you'll always be near one."

Riiiight.
    Carry or carry not. There is no try.
    yoda.gif

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    I wonder if he was still working there and in a moment of panic he remembered he stashed the gun and stopped an adam lantza type. Most likely he would be hero of the day with many charges pending. Not in anyway saying he was right just wondering and also how many times i have hid stuff from myself that takes years to find right at home.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I am not familiar with this school, but it doesn't sound like a k thru 12 school that is covered by the IC, so how could this be a test case?
    Irresponsible gun owner, yes, bad! Lawbreaker, I wouldn't think so if it's a post high school, trade school thing. I'm sure he broke some rules, but not the law. Correct me if I be wrong.

Top Bottom