• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I actually ran into the owner of this music store this morning at Strictly Shooting here in Evansville. :yesway:

Local Employees Coming To Work Armed

Employees at a local music shop will now be coming to work armed.

Thursday morning, someone tried to break into Moore Music on Morgan avenue, again. The owner wants to send a powerful message by taking advantage of a state law.

According to Indiana law, citizens can have firearms in their homes and places of business even if they do not have a license. Moore Music employees say, it's time to take the law into their own hands.

The decision to have firearms inside the store isn't about money it's about safety.

The store's windows have been broken three times in six weeks. Two of those times the alarms sounded, police responded and those responsible got away empty handed, However, the damage cost the store thousands and that doesn't include the stolen merchandise.

"The perpetrator came through this window, ran into our store and got a particular guitar that I guess he had been in and seen before," said Brad Linzy the store manager. That incident happened on Tuesday, around 3:30 in the morning. The guitar was worth more than $1,300.

"We've had two armed robberies at gunpoint with in a block radius of us. We had one armed robbery down the street at Apollo Liquor we had another just last week at the Motto Mart and these are during business hours," said Linzy.

The store does have security camera's but they weren't able to catch anything. Now, security has been beefed up and employees will have weapons available for self defense purposes. "Everything so far happened at night but whose to say it wont happen during the day. If that's the case isn't it our responsibility to protect ourselves, our business and our property," said Dane Whitley the assistant manager.

Indiana law states, owners can have firearms at their business and allow employees to use them. The owner carries the liability. It is also the owner's responsibility to make sure the people who have access to the guns are not convicted felons, or anyone charged with domestic violence.

Moore Music is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of those responsible for the break-ins. The missing guitar's model is ESP LTD EC1000 Deluxe. The serial number is R0815789

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Good for them. I am a news junkie so I am always checking out the courier and press. It is really disturbing how many armed robberies have been occuring recently! I just saw the story on news25. They had a photo op with the handgun and the magazine laying on the counter :rolleyes: I believe it was a taurus 709? Always a good idea to protect yourself and those around you. Now back up that firearm with some training. I don't need music lessons or equipment right now, but if I do, here's a store with an owner who at least has some common sense.:yesway:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I actually ran into the owner of this music store this morning at Strictly Shooting here in Evansville. :yesway:

Local Employees Coming To Work Armed

I lived in Drew Park in Tampa, Fl. for several winters, years ago.
    Two small cuban grocery stores were nearby.
    In one all the clerks and even meat cuts wore sidearms.
    The other had no visable firearms.
    Guess which one had theft and robbery issues?:rolleyes:

You know which one I shopped at!

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    The owner wants to send a powerful message by taking advantage of a state law.

Shouldn't this say "exercising natural rights, which are detailed in the Second and Ninth Amendments to the United States Constitution, and in Article 1, Sections 1 and 32 of the Indiana Constitution.

Oh wait, newspaper. Haha. Nevermind. I see what they did there.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Shouldn't this say "exercising natural rights, which are detailed in the Second and Ninth Amendments to the United States Constitution, and in Article 1, Sections 1 and 32 of the Indiana Constitution.

Eh. At least they said it that way as opposed to the usual: "taking advantage of a loophole in the state law"

This is a "plus", IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Eh. At least they said it that way as opposed to the usual: "taking advantage of a loophole in the state law"

LOL, you guys are so right.

We should invite the employees of that store to INGO.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    You would not catch me in that area at 4 am with a sack full of money and no protection.

Top Bottom