• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I carry a gun because the Safety of my wife, and 6 month old daughter are far more important than any guilt I might feel in association with doing what could be necessary to protect them.

The guilt of taking a life in defense of myself or family could only be beaten by the guilt of losing one or both of them because I was unprepared or unwilling to do what had to be done.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I carry a gun because the world we live in is a nasty place where bad things happen to good people. I like to be in control of my fate to whatever extent possible.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    I carry a gun because I'm a sheepdog; I refuse to let innocent people be preyed upon by the scum of the universe

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I carry a gun because it makes me look like a really tough guy.

Also because I can't morally ask any other human to put themselves into a life-threatening situation in order to get me out. Because, given the vastness of Earth and the fullness of time, I can't logically expect there to be someone around to help me in the few seconds it takes to get mugged, beaten, or killed. And finally because there really are evil people on this world and I won't leave the lives of my family and loved ones up to someone else's mood.

JCA1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I carry a gun in order to protect my family. It gives me at least a fighting chance in the face of potentially superior forces intent on doing evil.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I carry a gun because people are crazy.

I carry a gun to defend myself and those around me if nessisary.

I carry a gun because it makes Rosie O'Donnell mad.

I carry a gun because its easier than carrying a cop.

I carry a gun because guns are badass.

I also carry a gun where nobody can see it because I like having the element of surprise.

I carry a gun because I like them.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    The security of my life and any other persons life that some scumbag thinks he is entitled to taking. I need a hobby as well.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    To protect my family and myself. That's MY responsibility, not my neighbors, not the police, not my friends. Mine alone.

Because it is the duty of every competent American citizen to be armed, IMHO. An armed citizenry is a free citizenry.

That covers why I carry. I do have other reasons for owning guns. They are fun, they provide fantastic family time, they are challenging to master.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    1st and foremost, because we have the right to bear arms. 2nd by doing so you are supporting that right. Even though you may not display it, you still support it. 3rd this country is not perfect. Crime happens every day. It's keeps getting worse, and is going to continue to get worse. I'm not going to intentionally let myself, my family, or my friends be victims.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I carry a gun because I cannot depend on anyone else to protect my family and myself.

In all of the "person attacked" news stories we see every day, how many involve a 3rd party (cop or civilian) who successfuly jumped in and saved the day? So few that I only remember a handful in my whole life. Yet, we always see the sad news stories where an innocent person was either injured or killed.

If I want to have a chance defending my family or myself I must have the tools and the means. As the old saying goes, "chance favors the prepared".

Top Bottom