• Status
    Not open for further replies.

byronbartosh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Bloomington
    Has anyone here recently applied for the lifetime license? How long did it take to get yours? I'm curious to know how long the current wait is because I was told 4-8 weeks, but then I read that it was 12-14.

zz502

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2008
    when i applied for the lifetime license they told me 12-14 theis was thanksgiving weekend. i recieved it in about 6 weeks issue date was 12-31-07. and got it jan. 3-4. so about half the time they told me.

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    Byron, I would be prepared for the 12-14!

Has anyone here recently applied for the lifetime license? How long did it take to get yours? I'm curious to know how long the current wait is because I was told 4-8 weeks, but then I read that it was 12-14.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified

I had a four year and it expired a while back so I went downtown and applied for a lifetime permit on 11/15. It came in the mail 1/7.

So with the holidays it took right at 7 weeks.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado

Just to clarify Indiana does not issue a CCW. It is called a LTCH (License To Carry a Handgun).

As far as wait time. I know someone who applied for the lifetime in Dec and received it last week. He said it took just about a month exactly.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I received my license in July 07, at 2 days shy of 8 weeks.
    Question: What is the legal difference between a CCW and a LTCH? Does that mean you can open carry?

Different states issue different types. I believe CCW stands for Carrying Concealed Weapon. Meaning you can only carry concealed. Indiana issues LTCH (License To Carry Handgun. Meaning you can conceal or open carry. In IN Open Carry is legal.

PistolPete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    BroadRipple
    Byron,
    I applied either seven or eight weeks ago tomorrow. I have lost track. I am coming home everyday looking for the mail. I'll let you know when I receive mine. For now I have to wait. :popcorn2:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom