Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The ultimate poor man suppressor.

So I saw this and have to say that im tempted. Scratch that, im way above tempted.

YouTube - Econo-Can suppressor, Oil filter silencer

The company even sells the adapter so now you can own what looks like a very effective suppressor for $55 + the $200 tax to uncle sam. Sure you cant aim worth a hoot, but it looks like a blast.
    AmericanSpecialtyAmmo.com

The plus is that you can brag to your neighbors how environmentally friendly you are, why you even reuse your old oil filters ($10 says they just throw em away).

No reason you couldn't make your own adapter so your just down to the cost of some scrap metal and the $200 tax to our favorite uncle. The idea appeals to me, I might have to look into one in the future. Not being able to aim would kinda suck, but it would still be a blast to play around with. With a little ingenuity im sure sights could be jury rigged at least. Not sure how it would hold up to anything larger than a 22lr, but further testing by me is definitely needed.

FYI this company also sells AOW Saiga 12s.......
    Appleseed rifleman!

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    That oil filter suppressor is interesting.

I want to know where they are getting virgin receivers for that Saiga AOW...
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

im pretty sure that just an indiana thing. some other states can buy sbs
    "I have ever deemed it more honorable and more profitable, too, to set a good example than to follow a bad one."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sparky241 View Post
    im pretty sure that just an indiana thing. some other states can buy sbs

That's correct but in order to be an AOW, it can never have had a stock attached. If it had a stock attached, you can make an identical firearm but it has to be registered as an SBS. Bare receivers would not be importable so that leaves a USA produced Saiga receivers. I wanna know where they are getting them or if they are making them themselves.

sports facility!

INGO rules of conduct

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    That's correct but in order to be an AOW, it can never have had a stock attached. If it had a stock attached, you can make an identical firearm but it has to be registered as an SBS. Bare receivers would not be importable so that leaves a USA produced Saiga receivers. I wanna know where they are getting them or if they are making them themselves.
    Contact them and ask. The least they can do is say "No". I would approach it as a concerned potential customer. If they arent using virgin receivers then they arent being properly registered.
    Have questions about Bitcoins? Want to buy Bitoins from someone in Indiana? Send me a PM!

Marksman
    gubberment always finds a way to get a piece of the action. but that is kind of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    I want to know where they are getting virgin receivers for that Saiga AOW...
    The Saiga AOW is made by Cadiz Gun Works, they manufacture the receivers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaW View Post
    Contact them and ask. The least they can do is say "No". I would approach it as a concerned potential customer. If they arent using virgin receivers then they arent being properly registered.

I wasn't suggesting that there was any funny business going on. I just wondered out loud where the receivers were coming from.

sports facility!

INGO rules of conduct

Aw man that Saiga 12 pistol is so calling my name but lord those are mighty expensive. But it is the coolest small shotgun I have ever seen.

Wondering if any type of oil filter would work? There are smaller versions of oil filters that may give you a better aiming option. Especially if you run some kind of optic on your gun.

Also, how many rounds can you put through a filter??
    Interesting never the less!
    "The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on". USG-
    SGT/USMC 1991-1999 Semper Fi

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast