• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SenTnel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Hello!

I have a simple question out of curiosity: Most of the pistols I see needs a replacement barrel for threading to accept a suppressor, because the slider and barrel ends evenly. But I see that the Beretta 92FS has a small part of the barrel sticking out, so I wonder, can I just take a Beretta 92FS' factory included barrel and just thread it, or that "sticking" part is not enough for accepting a suppressor can?

On the other hand, if I dont have access to order extended barrels, is it OK on a Glock 17 just use a Glock 34 barrel? Do I need special instructions on this? Does the Glock 34 barrel fits the Glock 17 without any modification?

Thanks a lot! Great forum!

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    We just had a customer get one back from tornado technologies. Beautiful job they thread and extend it, otherwise there won't be enough threads and the can will hit the guide rod when the action is worked. So basically they turned it down and threaded it for a "thread adapter" that they match to the barrel flawlessly. Very nice work!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There is a gunsmith on the North Side of indy who has experience threading Beretta92 barrels. He just did one for me about a month ago, very good work. I'll send you a PM with his contact info.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Threading a glock 34 barrel for a suppressor might not be a good idea considering that they are ported.

Unless you order it that way or change the barrel. The standard G34 is not ported. You maybe refering to the open portion of the slide? And that wouldn't have any effect on the barrel or suppressor?

Now if your G34 did come compensated or ported your correct it would but I doubt most do.

g34.jpg

Glock3403.jpg

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I had my 92 factory barrel threaded by ZR Tactical in Noblesville several years ago. It's worked out great, with no issues.

Top Bottom