Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you slide lock a 1911 with a suppressor

I'm looking at a way if possible to lock the slide on a 1911 so that it can be manually cycled but have the slide not make noise when the pistol is fired, trying to get a 45 down to the minimum noise.
    Not all Farts are friendly

I have heard of this before, but I don't know much about it. I was told about it by a family friend who I interviewed for a project my senior year. He said the seals used to use something like that for the same reasons.

Tagged to see what comes up.

You CAN...yes.

As to what device one would use...I have no idea. Ain't enough room next to the hammer to use your thumbs.

I know that some older .22LR pistols had slide-locks on them to keep noise to a minimum.

And I have it on very very very good authority that a fellow INGO'er is working on devising a bolt lock for a rather popular line of .22LR rifles...

But to your specific question, OP, I'm just as ignorant.

-J-

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I read on another forum of a guy who swore that you could hold your thumb tight to the back of the slide, and that would prevent it from cycling. ( I do not think this is a good idea, only one persons thoughts on the subject)

The only one I have ever heard of was on a beretta 92, and I cant even tell you for certain how it actually locked the slide.

Several pistols have had this done over the last several decades including the Vietnam Era Mk22 Mod1 "hush puppies" and the KAC M9's. The KAC M9had a spring mechanism that actually unlocked the slide after each shot to minimize the time it took the operator to manually cycle the next round.

No one currently makes a pistol that I know of with this feature and it isn't really a drop in kit you can buy since a lot of machine work has to be done. It would be cool but probably cost prohibitive to have it done to a pistol.

KAC won't even admit they still make it for Special Operations Group.

In my mind before I saw it, I was thinking you could do something like on that Beretta. Depending on your skills, you could also probably mill a hole through the slide near the back that would notch the frame rail so you could insert a blocking key. I'd want to use someone else's 1911 and a remote triggered Ransome rest to test it, though!
    Don't be an asshat.

Pretty much always looking to buy a Colt Combat or Lt.Weight Commander in 38 Super or 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by curraheeguns View Post
    Thats awesome. Quick connect suppressor too...

I would love to have the slide lock for the 92FS.

Seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Looks good but I need one specific to a 1911

Not all Farts are friendly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast