Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Full Auto Ruger 10 22?

I think this is a no-brainer but I was just wondering if anyone in here knew if converting a .22 to full auto required a class 3. I am thinking yes but I thought I would ask anyway. Also if one were to convert it would you then have to get it registered? (Not that "up" on class 3 info, thus the questions)

I'm no expert but I'd say yes to both. I'm thinking it might have to be converted by a Class 3, or is it 2, manufacturer. I'm sure you'll get the correct answer here soon though.

Don
    No new full auto since may 1986, sorry unless your a c3 dealer/SOT. Your not converting one unless you buy a REGISTERED prior to 1986 trigger pack.

To add to Don's post, Norrell trigger packs for the 10/22 go for about $10k.

Plinker
    legally for the general publis there is no way to convert a semi auto firearm to F/A

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Look2thewest View Post
    legally for the general publis there is no way to convert a semi auto firearm to F/A
    That's what I thought before I read BigCraig and Don's posts.

FWIW, though, that surprised me. I thought you had to have a registered (prior to 86) receiver, which is the actual firearm. Craig or Don, what's the registered part on those? Your mention of a "trigger pack" makes me think you're talking about several parts. Clarify, please?

Thanks and Blessings,
    Bill
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    The trigger pack on a 10/22 contains all of the FCG parts. John Norrell built some of these that were fully automatic and registered a crap ton of them before the ban as machineguns. All that is required is to swap trigger packs from the factory one to the Norrell FA one and you've got a 10/22 machinegun. The packs come up for sale often and they are usually $10k.

To clarify, the 10/22's receiver is the firearm, but the trigger pack is the machinegun. Kind of like a drop-in auto-sear on an AR.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    The trigger pack on a 10/22 contains all of the FCG parts. John Norrell built some of these that were fully automatic and registered a crap ton of them before the ban as machineguns. All that is required is to swap trigger packs from the factory one to the Norrell FA one and you've got a 10/22 machinegun. The packs come up for sale often and they are usually $10k.

To clarify, the 10/22's receiver is the firearm, but the trigger pack is the machinegun. Kind of like a drop-in auto-sear on an AR.
    Thanks, Nick, I appreciate the speedy reply! Rep'd for good info.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Grandmaster
    Just as a side note, and this is only internet rumor, but nobody knows how many trigger packs Norrel has, but he has been selling 10 per year since the ban and he isn't out of them yet. He has a waiting list over 2 years long at a price of $10K or more.

Take this with a grain of salt because it is only things I've read on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy19 View Post
    Just as a side note, and this is only internet rumor, but nobody knows how many trigger packs Norrel has, but he has been selling 10 per year since the ban and he isn't out of them yet. He has a waiting list over 2 years long at a price of $10K or more.

Take this with a grain of salt because it is only things I've read on the internet.
    To further the rumor, it is said that before the 86 ban, John Norrel had hired an army of people to do nothing but fill out NFA paperwork. In theory, JN may have paper on thousands of 10/22 trigger packs, that haven't even been made, yet.

But the world may never know the truth, but the rumor sounds better.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast