• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Sent off my paper work last June and yesterday I received one of two tax stamps I was waiting on.
    I sent off to SBR a 9mm AR and also for a suppressor I purchased. Yesterday at lunch I went home and the SBR stamp was in the mail :)

I engraved my receiver last night and pulled my pistol upper and installed it.

Thought I would put a couple pics of the engraving and the gun:)

I have a chemical etching machine that I did the engraving with. Only down side is it has to be over bare metal but it can do all different types of fonts and even logos

the E didn't get 100% because Spikes anodizes there stuff and apparently I didn't get it all off.

7" upper plus I have a eotech on it now too :)

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    So, I was under the understanding that names could not be abbreviated ("A" for "Allen") unless they were common ("Wm" for "William"). Did I miss a change?

Nice SBR in either case :D

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    So, I was under the understanding that names could not be abbreviated ("A" for "Allen") unless they were common ("Wm" for "William"). Did I miss a change?

I was advised to send in my app this way and they approved it, so must be ok.
    Thanks, I took it out and put some rounds through it yesterday, what a hoot. Cant wait to get the suppressor.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

You CAN NOT abbreviate any persons names, you must engrave as listed on your Form 1. Also, you can only abbreviate state and common city abbreviations (eg, NY, NY)

If you sent in your Form 1 with just your first initial and last name, you can engrave that.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    do you do that engraving for others? maybe as part of your business? you're a lot closer to me than most places.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    You CAN NOT abbreviate any persons names, you must engrave as listed on your Form 1. Also, you can only abbreviate state and common city abbreviations (eg, NY, NY)

If you sent in your Form 1 with just your first initial and last name, you can engrave that.

This is exactly the way it appears on my form 1

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Removing the coating and then refinishing after etching seems like too much work just for engraving.

I wish it wasn't that way but it is what it is. One advantage is I can do different fonts and even logos or just about anything that can be printed on a printer.....almost

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Ballpark $65.00 if I can get away with spot refinishing. But its a great time to think about that custom Cerakote color you always wanted :)

Top Bottom