• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Sorry to start another thread/post but didn't see anything current reference anyone ordering and receiving a ST Compressor. I'm thinking this rifle could be just what I desire. Anyone purchased one and if so what are your thoughts and views on it.

n't,

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had one on order for eight months, then I decided I didn't want to wait four more months, pay $3,175, and wait another year.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    We received one for a customer after 24 months of waiting. Finally got to shoot it this morning and I'm impressed. The suppressor works better than I thought it would.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    Aszerigan, could you give some more details on the compressor. How would you compare how loud it is to a HTA 556. How wide is the front handguard? Is the suppressor easily serviced/cleaned? Lastly, is it worth the price and wait. Thanks.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    The MRS-1 Suppressor (link here) is easy to clean and maintain. It's a little louder than the HTA suppressor, but it's also a 10" barrel and the suppressor is significantly smaller.

Surprisingly the short can works really well for containing muzzle blast and concussion. I was really happy to see they fixed the issues with the original OPS4 can. Handguards mic in at 2.430" which is stout for an AR in my opinion. It also comes with an AFG which makes it beefier. I think its very comfortable to handle.

Is it worth the wait? Honestly, yes. I'm really impressed with the rifle. Had the customer waited 2 years for a dressed-up stock rifle, he would have been pretty upset. Not saying there weren't a few 'is it EVER going to arrive???" moments, but this isn't a stock rifle from any angle. Its a completely different design that excels in many ways from my other AR SBR'S.

If you're ever around Indy, I can show you the rifle.

Last edited:

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Aszerigan - what are your hours of operation tomorrow? Headed your way and would love to handle that rifle!

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Wonder how the compressor stacks up to an lwrc PSD, uciw or pdw suppressed with an aac or surefire can? Of course I have an SBR itch.

Top Bottom