• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I am not super familiar with all the NFA rules.

Situation is I currently have 2 ARs and am wanting to build a pistol from the ground up.

Is there any trouble I can get into by getting parts for and building a pistol length upper, since I already have 2 ARs that obviously have stocks.

This is a long term project as money permits, and I know not to assemble the pistol upper on one of my existing lowers.

Chances are I will have the pistol lower built long before the upper is complete, just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of ridiculous "proximity" type rule with pistol uppers. I have heard of "intent to assemble" and that is what concerned me. Also, since we don't register here in Indiana, I wouldn't register it as a pistol. Does this matter?

Looking at discussions elsewhere it seems as it is not an issue unless you actually assemble an SBR without a registered lower, but just wanted to make sure before I buy parts.

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I would just build the lower first with a pistol tube.

If you're going with a sig brace I'd highly recommend a pistol tube from KAK

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I would just build the lower first with a pistol tube.

If you're going with a sig brace I'd highly recommend a pistol tube from KAK

+1 for the KAK Super Sig pistol buffer tube. I have used those on three AR pistol build and love them.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I guess i should be okay regardless now because i bought both a stripped lower and lower parts kit for Black Friday. I figured the lower would be done first anyways, just wanted some clarification because the Fed is anything but.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    No expert, but I would try really hard to have the pistol lower complete first. Then there's no questions to be asked by any of the alphabet soup groups.

litewatefitr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Hard to go wrong with the Sig brace....do that first, and now you have a pistol lower. Bingo, you're good to go for your build

Top Bottom