• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Well Eform definitely slowed down. Mine was submitted on 3/12 and still hasn't been approved

My first one was submitted 3/5, and no approval yet. I'm at 78 days now and the wait is killing me! How did I ever make it 10 months and almost 12 months a couple of years ago?!?!?!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Well Eform definitely slowed down. Mine was submitted on 3/12 and still hasn't been approved

I submitted two about the same time. Yes it sucks. I think the recent popularity of form 1 solvent trap freeze plug type suppressors are the cause for the extended wait.

Johnny C doesn't need any machining skills. Forming freeze plugs is pretty easy.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yeah I am dying to get my first NFA stamp back. I submitted it in Feb. on a form 4 and I was going to wait till I got that back before I e-filed a form 1 to SBR my Yugo M92.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I wouldn't wait. At the rate wait times are creeping up, you are just drawing it out. My last efile took over 2 months, but the 3 before that only took 1 month. Now, it looks like they are nearly 3 months out.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Very well.

Some people clip their baffles, some don't. Some say it helps quiet the ssuppressor, some dont notice.

If you look at a cutaway or xrayed suppressor you will see a lot of them using very similar ~60° cones. You can even buy stainless steel freeze plugs if you want. SS holds up as a blast baffle a bit better. I have a die set ready to crunch some plugs once i get my approved ATF tax stamp. Ugh, the wait is painful.

Top Bottom