• Should I get another 30 cal can

• Total voters

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I received a call the other day that the new Omega Suppressor were in stock at my LGS. About a month ago I bought a Recce7 30 cal can from him because he didn't have the Omegas. Question is now do I get that one too? Is there a round count for a suppressor to the point where 2 would be nice or needed? Other option is to take that money and buy ammo.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    No full auto. I have a SBR in jail and another regular AR both just 556. I would like to get an AK and maybe a 308 as well

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Honestly, then, I don't think you'd need both. The Recce 7 can handle all the calibers you are planning on shooting and I don't think there is likely enough of a performance difference between the two to justify it (in my opinion).

If you have some pistols, it might be worth it to buy a pistol caliber suppressor instead (a .45 can will cover .45, .40, and 9mm pretty well).

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I currently have a 22 can with the recce7 and revolution9 in lock down at the ATF along with the SBR. I really want to get the sparrow too since I have small kids I think I will get some great use out of the 22 cans. I think you are right about not needed the Omega, I might hold of on that for a bit or all together.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    You definitely did the smart thing in starting with a 30 cal can. I did everything backwards, buying a 5.56 and 9mm can, to start. I then needed a .45 can for my FNX Tactical and 1911, and then a dedicated .22 can. Now I'm thinking of getting a 30 cal can to cover 7.62. I need to get a good full auto capable one though.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    My LGS talked me into a YHM 30 cal can. How'd they fare in that demo (if discussed at all)? The .22 can gets the most use. It's nice to shoot without ear pro with the kids. I have the SWR Spectre. In a side by side with a friend, it sounded to each of us a little quieter than the Sparrow. A lot like an air gun.

Top Bottom