If you could only suppress one handgun...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Just like the title says. You have been limited to one handgun, whether by your significant other or the government (and you choose to abide by the rule), what do you suppress? I'm thinking with a Glock 19 or a 1911 just for the hell of it.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Kind of a strange question but..... What the hell, I'll play. I would almost want it to be a 22 or 9mm. I might lean toward the 22 just because it would be less loud. I really like my Xdm with 19 in the mag and a factory treaded barrel, that would be my choice

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If only 1 pistol suppressor, it wouldn't be for .45 simply because the large bullet diameter doesn't suppress as well. Glock doesn't suppress all that well either due to the incredibly short lock time. I went with a Sig 2022 in 9mm and am debating on upgrading to a 226 Elite Dark. Whenever I get around to it, I'll purchase a threaded barrel for my XDm9c and see how it does. I've got the AAC Ti-Rant 9 and am waiting for approval on an Octane 9 HD2.

On a side note, .22lr is incredibly fun to shoot and the ammo can be found all day for half the price (or better) of 9mm. Any standard velocity .22lr will cycle my Ruger 22/45 Lite and due to the short barrel length, it stays subsonic 95% of the time.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    For me, .22lr. It's cheaper, not just the ammo but the firearm (generally) and the suppressor. However, between 9mm and 45acp I'd choose 45acp. It's already sub no need to buy a specific grain bullet, it suppresses really well and .45's are fun to shoot, plain and simple. If you're doing a carry piece with this one firearm then you change your use and I'd go 9mm.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Easy!

im not real impressed with suppressed center fire pistols. Yes, my G17 is pretty quiet with my Isis, but it's so long and clunky, I might as well suppress an SBR. The Lite .22 with the smaller aluminum can isn't balanced much different than a standard steel Ruger and shoots well, is quiet and lots of fun!

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    No to Jack the tread but I really am looking to buy that same set up 22/45 and was considering either that version or the silver lite. Which scope is that you have onto and what all did you have to do for the install? They have a heavy one with the bottom and top rail already installed but I really did not care for it.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    No to Jack the tread but I really am looking to buy that same set up 22/45 and was considering either that version or the silver lite. Which scope is that you have onto and what all did you have to do for the install? They have a heavy one with the bottom and top rail already installed but I really did not care for it.

My suppressed silver 22/45 Lite. Even with a stainless .22 suppressor, it still handles well.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    My Nagant revolver

NyUqlhJjT_vXZqng2FtvIuNIL-dGxc7Vx0sum9mIvEU=w1268-h947-no

No, just kidding. Probably my 1911. It's the one I shoot the most suppressed, even over my various .22 and 9mm hosts.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side

I like the standard LITE version, but I was just wanting something basic and black! The sight is a Primary Arms, just got it last week, and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I just used the factory rail that Ruger provides. I may end up cutting it down since I just need a small section, but for now, it's OK.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    My suppressed silver 22/45 Lite. Even with a stainless .22 suppressor, it still handles well.
    I went with this one. I need to buy a red dot for the top but so far I like it a lot. Only put one CCI standard though her and much louder then my rifle but awesome all the same. Time to change out that damn safety for the mag release now.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I like all of the 22 responses! What 22 suppressors do you guys like? I am in the market for one and I don't know what I want to buy!

Top Bottom