• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    I'm looking at getting a rimfire, a .45 pistol, and a .308 rifle suppressor. I have been recommended to look at Huntertown. Anyone have one of these that they can chime in on? Anyone near green county with one that I could have a look at? Thanks in advance. :ingo:

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    I own both a kestrel308 and a stainless guardian. I would recommend staying away from hta. The product is satisfactory enough but the customer service is non existent.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a rimfire as well as the 5.56 version. I like them both. They do what I need. I only had one CS related issue which was an upgrade on baffles. It worked out perfectly.

That was when they first got started.

All I hear now if that CS is lacking so some people shy away from them because of it. Never shot a .30 cal can from them, but I have a buddy with one that I want to test out.

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    wow, thanks for the foresight. I'm not looking for fancy and their price points are what really stood out to me. My concern is DB reduction, price, weight.....in that order probably. I'm even less concerned about the weight on the .30 cal can.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you want to check one out and or something better stop into US Defense solutions in greenwood. They stock a lot of suppressors and also can order direct with most manufacturers. Also they are a silencerco dealer and are one of the first "speq" dealers in the state. That means if you are retired military, law enforcement, or active duty you get a hell of a discount on suppressors!!! Speq pricing can't be advertised so you'll have to go there to get prices.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If you want to check one out and or something better stop into US Defense solutions in greenwood. They stock a lot of suppressors and also can order direct with most manufacturers. Also they are a silencerco dealer and are one of the first "speq" dealers in the state. That means if you are retired military, law enforcement, or active duty you get a hell of a discount on suppressors!!! Speq pricing can't be advertised so you'll have to go there to get prices.

Does that discount include first responders, specifically volunteer fire fighters?

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I have a HTA B22 suppressor for my 22's. It does what I want it to do. I'd buy another if the right deal came along. That said, with all the horror stories I ha e heard over the last year about no communication and stuff like that, I will most likely take my 30 cal can shopping elsewhere.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a HTA B22 suppressor for my 22's. It does what I want it to do. I'd buy another if the right deal came along. That said, with all the horror stories I ha e heard over the last year about no communication and stuff like that, I will most likely take my 30 cal can shopping elsewhere.

Yup. For $200, I'm willing to gamble on poor customer service. Over $200 and I take my business elsewhere.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The other thing that annoys me is their warranty. Initially, they had the best warranty out there until they had to back up their claim. Then, they changed their warranty. I have no problem with changing a warranty, but you better honor your initial warranty for the items you already sold.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    We are the other SPEQ dealer in the State, located in the Kokomo area. Here is a link to the SPEQ website, with the qualifications: https://silencerco.com/speq/

The savings almost cover the tax stamp for some items, and on other cans the discount can completely cover the stamp. It's a great program!

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Just a word of caution. I tried last year to order a HTA Kestrel 556. After 13 months of the manufacturer not delivering, I called it quits.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm looking at getting a rimfire, a .45 pistol, and a .308 rifle suppressor. I have been recommended to look at Huntertown. Anyone have one of these that they can chime in on? Anyone near green county with one that I could have a look at? Thanks in advance. :ingo:

Not just no, it's hell no. Just google their name.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I have a kestrel 556, had issues with it. It was almost impossible to get it taken care of, the only reason it was fixed is because I ran into a guy at a gunshop that worked with them. I'll never buy another thing from them, spend the money and get a good can from a good company. Don't nickel and Dime on something like this.

Top Bottom