Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Suppressors in Indiana

I thought that some of our members may not know that suppressors (silencers) are legal in Indiana. You have to pay a federal tax ($200) to own one but it isn't a difficult thing to do.

We also are lucky to have a fantastic suppressor manufacturer here in Indiana. Suppressed Armament Systems is located down in Evansville and makes solid quality suppressors at great prices. Tim is a great guy to do business with and I highly recommend him and his suppressors. Being here in Indiana, if you're willing to make a trip to his shop to pick up your suppressor you won't have to pay a transfer fee, something most class III dealers will want to charge you another $50 - $100 for.

I've got one of Tim's 30 cal suppressors and it's been excellent. I just sent off the paperwork this week for his 5.56 can and I plan to buy a 9mm and 22lr this year as well.

Our ability to purchase suppressors may not be around this time next year. I'd highly recommend buying them while you can if it's something you're interested in. If they're banned they may turn out to be a great investment!!!
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Thanks for the post Cory! Does Tim have a website?

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

Crap, I always forget something....

Click Here ----> index
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Cool. Thanks!

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

You can also buy them at Don's (rip off), or AAC Guns in Mooresville (great place, great prices)
    RyanMercer.com

Wow... those are some great prices. I'd make the drive down for that!!

We have a member gunrunner @ www.class 3 sales ,who makes and sells suppressors.

So how do I attach a suppressor to my pistol. newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by 465guy View Post
    So how do I attach a suppressor to my pistol. newbie question
    Well not all pistols are going to take a suppressor. There are several patented devices for attaching various types of suppressors... basically like a pipe coupler. The more traditional way is generally the suppressor is affixed to a flash suppressor which is screwed to the end of a gun barrel on threads. Problem with this is... when you remove the suppressor you also remove the flash suppressor which leaves the threads on the outside of the barrel exposed which means... easy to damage.
    RyanMercer.com

Do you have to use subsonic ammo for rifles? What makes the ammo subsonic?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast