• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I was talking with my LGS about a month ago and he said he's supposed to be getting one of these kiosks! So I'm pumped about that!

However, I just heard yesterday or the day before that SilencerCo won't be sold on Silencer Shop anymore due to MAP issues kind of like Dead Air. Time will tell I suppose...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    wait, not it says if you dont live by a 'powered by' dealer that they will send you the stuff and you can do your own fingerprints?

I've always been under the impression (by what was on the fingerprint form) that someone 'certified' had to do them??? If not can I just get a bunch of the fingerprint cards and some ink pads and do this at home anyway?!?

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    The last few times I went to my local PD to get printed, they said, "You know you can just do this yourself right?" I still don't though. They don't charge me anything so I keep going back. :)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've always been under the impression (by what was on the fingerprint form) that someone 'certified' had to do them???

That's always been my impression

If it was so easy, again, why haven't we been doing it long ago at home or at the dealer's when they fill out the form 4?

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have been rolling my own since I started in nfa stuff. bought a kit from Amazon and ordered a bunch of finger print cards from the atf. They are free just take a little time to ship

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I just found out about this new 41F. I don't own any NFA items but was just debating on opening a trust up and then register one of my lowers as an SBR. With the rules of the 41F when I order something NFA I am the only one fingerprinted or does all Trustees need to be fingerprinted? I plan to have one with me and my wife on it. Obviously Silencer Shop NFA trust seems easy enough to set up, but what if I order something not on their website thats NFA, I am guessing I can't use one of those Kiosks they are putting around the country. I am sure there are more details to work out before July 13.

Basically, would I be better off setting up the Trust now and then taking care of the new requirements after July 13?

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    41f will apply to all purchases made after the cutoff. So it doesn't matter when you set up your trust, only when you purchase the item. (My understanding)

kudos to to silencershop for setting this up. It will make a clunky system more easily navigated.

Top Bottom