I want to SBR my 300BLK AR pistol... where do I begin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Eventually I'd like to add a can as well, but if I'm going to two stamp it I'd rather the first stamp to be so I can legally shoulder the damn thing when I feel like it and put a proper rifle stock on it.

Where do I begin with this? Who do I got to pay so I can have enjoy my freedom?

I've only put 20rds through it since I built it, and even though it has some cycling issues (need to realign the gas block) I think I've fallen in love and want to SBR this bad boy before I make it quieter.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Engrave it after you get your stamp back. Just in case there's a problem with the paperwork or some other issue. Just make sure you do the engraving before you put the stock on it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You need to decide if you should build it using an individual or trust method 1st. Leaving it at home with family or a relative means use a trust. If you can keep it locked up and away from family you could still just put it in your name.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    You need to decide if you should build it using an individual or trust method 1st. Leaving it at home with family or a relative means use a trust. If you can keep it locked up and away from family you could still just put it in your name.

Even with the new 41F restrictions, trust is the way to go. You never know what may happen to you, and I'd rather not have my family pay $200 a pop to keep any NFA items I may have.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Even with the new 41F restrictions, trust is the way to go. You never know what may happen to you, and I'd rather not have my family pay $200 a pop to keep any NFA items I may have.

Your heirs its do not have to pay the $200 tax. They use a Form 5. That being said, a trust is generally easier to keep it in the family!

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...-registration-firearm-atf-form-53205/download

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2013/10/how-to-fill-out-an-atf-form-5.html

Top Bottom