• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    Ok fellow enthusiast looking to purchase my first can. Have been eye balling the Hybrid for the simple fact that you can suppress may calibers from 9mm to 45-70. So in my opinion if i were to purchase say the silencerco sparrow along with the Hybrid with those two cans i would pretty much be covered with most every firearm besides 50 cal so two cans two stamps and done. Was wondering if anyone has experience with the hybrid and ran it on several different platforms and what your thoughts were on the can and how well it preforms. Also i know the baffle design is welded into the can and are none removable wonder how you fellows clean it just want some input and thoughts on the multi cal can thanks for looking and looking forward to learning from you guys.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I'm interested in any further info or first hand knowledge anybody may have on the Hybrid also. I purchased one back in March and just waiting for the stamp to come in for it. I have read as many reviews as I can find on it and all have been outstanding thus far. I don't think many folks have one yet as they are still relatively new to the game. Fingers crossed my stamp will be in the near future and I can provide some first hand knowledge on the matter.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've shot one on a 1911 and I believe a Glock 21. Maybe a 300blk sbr but can't be sure. It's a great suppressor and I bought one for a 45 can. The versatility is nice but I have cans for other things I was just missing a 45 can. Submitted the form 4 in March if I remember right, or early April.

As for cleaning it, don't shoot lead and don't worry about it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Guess no one has any real world experience with the hybrid so far. It is still fairly new anyone!!

I've only shot mine with .308 so far. I have to have some modifications made before I can shoot on other platforms, such as a threaded barrel for my 1911 and SP-01.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Mine came in to my dealer last week. I will be shooting it with him hopefully before too long and I'll be able to comment with some first hand knowledge. I know there are a few guys beside Que that have some though, just be patient.

I will say though, that once you start shooting with a can you'll start buying more. At least that's how it worked for me and has for most I know. You can plan on two for now, but that may change. The two you have chosen are good options though, I don't have any experience with the Sparrow, but the Spectre is nice, and really anything SiCo makes.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    No experience with it yet, or probably for a hell of a long time... but, I ordered a hybrid, so that I could suppress 458 or use it on a 300 blk, but I think it is pretty big to use on a pistol for anything other than a novelty. I went with a Rugged Obsidian and a Dead Air Ghost-m for my pistols.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I just submitted mine a few weeks ago, since the Form 3 took like 3 months to go through from Kentucky Gun Co. So, I expect to see my suppressor in December... of 2019. :(

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    No experience with it yet, or probably for a hell of a long time... but, I ordered a hybrid, so that I could suppress 458 or use it on a 300 blk, but I think it is pretty big to use on a pistol for anything other than a novelty. I went with a Rugged Obsidian and a Dead Air Ghost-m for my pistols.

Great choices on the pistol cans! I bought an Obsidian just because I am still waiting on my LGS to be able to get a Ghost in stock!

smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    Well thNks for the info guys. And yes tou are right i have shoot a couple of cans recently for the first time and now I definitely have to have one, one was on a 300bo 45 osprey and the other was a silncerco sparrow. So yeah you definitely have to have a can after shooting one i thought to myself why the heck didn't i do this forever ago!!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My checks from the form 4's I sent in this month finally got cashed yesterday I think it was.

For those of you guys waiting for stuff submitted in July I feel kind of bad for you. I have had a 22can since June that was a check cash in January. Submitted early January I believe.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Waiting on a Hybrid as well. I (obviously) thought it was a good choice due to versatility. I would say if you are on the fence its a pretty safe bet. Maybe a little bigger/heavier than other options, but I don't care. I did order an Obsidian as well for pistol stuff. I probably didn't need it, but I just really wanted it... they share pistons too, so despite being different brands, it still keeps things simple. I will chaulk it up to a miracle if I see any of my stamps returned this year yet.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I know Jason at Elmores has a Hybrid and I've shot it in the "test can", extremely quiet on a 9mm. He got several in for sale a couple of weeks ago and from what I"m told they go surprisingly quick. I'm sure he can answer questions you have if you can catch when he's not busy.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Mine made it to LGS just a few days before deadline. They already had my Trust, Check & Form-4 ready (sans SN). The wait begins. LGS is selling a bunch of them (they can't get one for display, sells to fast), reviews from locals have been positive. From 9mm, .308, to 45-70.

Top Bottom