• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    anybody have any experience with the mag tactical 22 cal suppressor?

I saw one at a gun show for 200 bucks(sales tax included) plus transfer, its cored and not baffled, so cleaning and reassembly aren't a big deal.

this would be my first "dip in the nfa pool", I never wanted to play the nfa game, to much money, to much hassle, plus 200 bucks just to buy a class 3 item always kinda rubbed me the wrong way but I won a s&w 22 pistol with a threaded barrel, and now....I'm kinda itching for a can, I've shot others peoples suppressed guns before, and I think a suppressor would be a great match for the pistol (if it didn't have the threaded barrel I probably wouldn't want a suppressor!)

the same dealer also had a 30 cal rifle can from them for 300.00, but I don't think I want a can that big (yet)

what say you ingo?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I thought mag tactical went out of business?

they did, but a local class 3 dealer bought out their inventory, so I know if I have problems im stuck with it

but I'm looking at the cost

mag tactical-200.00 sales tax included
    gemtech 395.00 plus sales tax
    ptp tactical 250.00 plus sales tax (and its baffled not a core like the other two)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Spend a little more and get a can from a company that will still be around for a bit. I have 2 22 cans, a Huntertown Guardian and a Thompson Machine Zephyr, I'm happy with both of their performance, especially for the price, but spending a little more has always been in the back of my head. I'd go with the PTP for a little more

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thread Jack.

Cory, do you have any information on Allen Engineering suppressors? Specifically the AEM5 that fits a a MK12?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Reasons? Not necessarily over the mag tactical...just in general, experience with them?

I have one in jail. I haven't shot it yet, but I trust my dealer as far as sound goes. However, I can say that the attention to detail is amazing. They spiral flute the suppressor to help with heat dissipation (it also looks bad ass), and they designed the end cap to screw down farther than needed to aid in breaking free stuck baffles. They also anodized everything. Compared to my guardian, the differences are night and day.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The slippery slope of suppressors.

If you spend a little more......

PTP Tactical to the CF Gunworks to the Silencerco Spectre to the Dead Air Ghost.

Soon that $200 can becomes $400 :):

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Thread Jack.

Cory, do you have any information on Allen Engineering suppressors? Specifically the AEM5 that fits a a MK12?

I don't, sorry. So many can companies have jumped on the bandwagon as of late. Some that are good, some that are a flash in the pan.

I'll stick with the one thats been "saving ears for 25 years"! All our center fire and .22 cans are monocore, take apart, user serviceable and threadless tubes for easy part replacement.

Thompson Machine

Top Bottom