• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The ONLY downside would be the extra length on the rifles during CQB stuff. But perhaps, then, they'd remove them as they were preparing and just use the muffs on their helmets? (They do have muffs on their helmets, right?)

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Sounds good to me. Other things to consider would be: weight, cost, not frying hands on them and heat waves when looking through optics during sustained fire.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I would love to see the tie-down SOP. They would have to use wire instead of 550 cord to avoid melting it.

They'll probably get Surefires, which are like a pound and a half. Nothing like doing "ready up" drills all day with a brick hanging on the end of your rifle.

Then there's the hassle of removing your tie-down so you can take off your suppressor just so you can run a brush down your bore.

Oh, and thanks for the lol on the earmuffs. Every now and then you can score a set of low profile Peltors. Otherwise you just wait 20 years and file for disability. In training you get foam plugs, though.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I met Gunner Wade a few years back while waiting on a flight in the Las Vegas airport after the SHOT show. We exchanged business cards and I sent him an email this morning after reading this article. I was very impressed with the man and am not the least bit surprised by his advocating for this. It'll be interesting to see if he remembers me and returns the email.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I know how angry the Navy got when we lost a radioactive valve cover plug.
    If anything like that happened, I can understand running into enemy fire to retrieve a dropped one.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I met Gunner Wade a few years back while waiting on a flight in the Las Vegas airport after the SHOT show. We exchanged business cards and I sent him an email this morning after reading this article. I was very impressed with the man and am not the least bit surprised by his advocating for this. It'll be interesting to see if he remembers me and returns the email.

Did you receive an e mail yet ?????

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You guys found it, right?

Tell me it wasn't in the prop wash locker.

Amazingly, when we lost the second one, the Captain REFUSED to call Naval Reactors and notify them of the second loss.
    So, we burned a bunch of millirem searching.
    Wouldn't you know, we found BOTH.
    So, good for finding them, bad for the Captain filing a lost RAM (Radio Active Material) report when we obviously didn't search hard enough.

Got to catch up on my "zoomies" though.

This is what we were looking for
    PPV4.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll take that action. I'm betting Smadge puts the fear of [STRIKE]Chesty[/STRIKE] Mattis in them.

Chesty was harsh from what I hear, but Mattis is still around to kick your a**!

So...they dropped the 20inch rifles because of manuverability issues to add another 6-8inches and back to more than a 20inch rifle? Lol

Hopefully they get new barrels to drop them even more. Not like they are subject to the NFA rules.

Top Bottom