• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Two of my four Suppressors have been realeased into my possession.
    Rugged Surge 762
    Gemtech Gm-22

I have another Gm-22 and Rugged Obsidian on their way to me once the stamps arrive.

I was thinking about getting a pelican case to put them in along with the copies of required paperwork.

I do realize that I can't put them away in the case if they are hot without damaging the foam.

What are some of the INGO suggestions?

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I recommend getting a case from Carrying Cases | Shipping Cases | Custom Foam Inserts

You can custom design your foam cutouts and pick from a wide variety of case sizes and manufacturers. I have two of their pistol cases and they are excellent. I am also getting a custom case for pistol magazines. They aren't exactly cheap but if you consider the value of the items you are transporting, it is a good investment.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Clean your rimfire cans BEFORE IT BECOMES VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SO. Ask me how I know.

You'll want to put some anti-sieze on the end caps of all of them before they get too dirty. Especially the .22.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I recommend getting a case from Carrying Cases | Shipping Cases | Custom Foam Inserts

You can custom design your foam cutouts and pick from a wide variety of case sizes and manufacturers. I have two of their pistol cases and they are excellent. I am also getting a custom case for pistol magazines. They aren't exactly cheap but if you consider the value of the items you are transporting, it is a good investment.

There are some nice cases on this site. I do like the fact that they custom cut them.

Clean your rimfire cans BEFORE IT BECOMES VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SO. Ask me how I know.

You'll want to put some anti-sieze on the end caps of all of them before they get too dirty. Especially the .22.

Great advice

This is part of the reason for wanting a case. I would want to keep some of the necessary things like anti-seize and what not in the case.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    The case I have are the Seahorse variety. Very robust. Don't imagine I could destroy it without significant effort.

I will post some pics once I get my custom mag case.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If they are not secured in your house or car or whatever, it would make it really easy to steal them all....

Good point!

They would be secured inside my safe when at home and would remain in my possession if I was traveling to or from a range. My thoughts of a Pelican type case is it would add another layer of protection if the box was locked. I could keep all documents in it to make it simple when taking them to the range.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I keep mine in a Pelican. But the slot for the actual silencer is oversized. Silencer shop sent a pretty basic looking oven mitt along with it, so I wrap my silencer in it for storage. Seems to do the job.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I keep mine in a Pelican. But the slot for the actual silencer is oversized. Silencer shop sent a pretty basic looking oven mitt along with it, so I wrap my silencer in it for storage. Seems to do the job.

Which Pelican case do you use?

I know that Gemtech offers a package of three suppressors in a Pelican case.

I'd like to have something large enough for the four to fit in with the lube and tools to break them down if needed.

The problem so far in my short search last night was the thickness of the case. I dont want to go any thicker than I have to and safely secure them. The space in the safes where they would be stored is limited.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    1170. I still have some room because I plan to buy another blast shield and I keep the cleaning brushes in it too. It also gives me a little expansion area (a magazine or two, etc.).

They're on Amazon for $36 right now.

edit: I guess it would help to mention it's a Griffin Optimus. So I have different end caps, blast baffle, blast shield, baffle removal rod, wrench, rubber tool thingy, and a few other future accessories.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    1170. I still have some room because I plan to buy another blast shield and I keep the cleaning brushes in it too. It also gives me a little expansion area (a magazine or two, etc.).

They're on Amazon for $36 right now.

edit: I guess it would help to mention it's a Griffin Optimus. So I have different end caps, blast baffle, blast shield, baffle removal rod, wrench, rubber tool thingy, and a few other future accessories.

:postpics:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

potd-squirrel_3519920k.jpg

Top Bottom