Plans if the hearing protection act passes.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just curious what people's plans are if the hearing protection act passes.

As it stands now, I'd like to have a few suppressors (and SBR/SBS) but the whole expense of the tax stamp & trust is a huge turn off. It's hard to justify the $300 for the trust and another $200 for the stamp before a single dime is spent on the actual item.

Things I'm looking at if suppressors are removed from the NFA are:

.22 for the M&P 22 pistols & rifles
    9mm handguns, wife's AR-9 pistol & 300 blackout subs
    5.56 rifles & maybe an SBR
    45 for the pistols

I haven't really looked into brands or availability yet since it was not high on my list of things to do. I'm sure that if it passes then the demand will skyrocket and it will be a while until the shelves are stocked to the point we can walk in and pick from several.

What's everyone else's plans?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You don't have to have a trust to own a NFA item. If you don't want to spend the money on one, don't get one

Tax stamp or not, silencers are worth the cost and I'll continue to buy them regardless. They're one of the best gun/gun items I've ever bought

A 3rd 22 can would be nice. A couple 45 cans for back up cans. And a dedicated 300 blackout can. A Salvo would he neat but super high priority compared to the others

I'll get more cans. Tax stamps just dictate how quick. That or I cut back on beer and bourbon for a couple months. We all have hobbies that accumulate $200 quickly

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You don't have to have a trust to own a NFA item. If you don't want to spend the money on one, don't get one

Tax stamp or not, silencers are worth the cost and I'll continue to buy them regardless. They're one of the best gun/gun items I've ever bought

A 3rd 22 can would be nice. A couple 45 cans for back up cans. And a dedicated 300 blackout can. A Salvo would he neat but super high priority compared to the others

I'll get more cans. Tax stamps just dictate how quick. That or I cut back on beer and bourbon for a couple months. We all have hobbies that accumulate $200 quickly

True, but I want my wife to be able to have access & control of it as well. My sister is now working in a hospital in Indy and her husband is IMPD SWAT. I want them on the trust as well.

I never thought about a small lathe, I kind of like that idea as well. I'm sure my first one will be from a major manufacturer, I may try a kit for the next one, after that who knows.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a big lathe, but not the know how for a suppressor, so I will wait until all the cheap Charlie's have got their fill of suppressors, and after the QUALITY manufacturers catch up with demand, and I will buy several more! Oh, I'll also have a public bra(ok, tax stamp) burning!

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'd become really good friends with someone with a lathe. All joking aside I'd be in for a suppressor for my AR and I'd probably buy a 308 rifle with suppressor too.

Top Bottom