• ...and so much more!
  • Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Looking to make a mad max gun. I have a 20 gauge stock side by side Stoeger. Want to cut it down and have the woodwork done for a nice handle and have the nice cut you know have it done right. Any suggestions on who could do this for me and cost? I have seen some really cool ones on this site but cant seem to find them now. Thanks for any help.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I did mine basically myself. It started out as a 20" coach gun too. I cut the stock down on a bad saw then formed it into a pistol on a belt sander. The barrel was also cut down on a band saw then squared up and smoothed out on a vertical mill. Since the area between the barrels is hollow I had a friend weld it full then I filed it flat. Next was sanding the stock/grip and then some finish. On the barrel I bought some cold blue from the dentist guy (really is a dentist!)at the Holt Road gun show. Followed the super easy directions and it turned out great.

SBS-8-X2.jpg

There's more pics of it at SBS-SBR - DanVoils and you can see a friend of mine firing both barrels at once at Independence Day 2015 - DanVoils

Dan

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yeah, file the paperwork and find a bandsaw. While I was still a gunsmith that was all I would do when a customer wanted a shorter barrel on a shotgun. A small file removes the burrs on the barrel and restores a good crown. Cold blue the ends and that's that. The stock is much the same though it is wood it is more easily worked once the basic shape has been cut with a saw. Sand it smooth,not smooth you lose the checkering, a little finish, stain or BLO or varnish and you have a nice looking SBS without having to pay someone else on top of paying for the stamp.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Dang! Too bad Christmas is over. I coulda asked Santa for a SHORTY! Maybe next year......

Top Bottom