• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That looks really slick and it sounded good in the videos (particularly on that little Beretta 21A).

Though I have to ask, why do you want 3 .22 caliber suppressors? I'm not questioning your ability to own them (own a million if you want), I'm just curious about the utility of that versus buying another caliber suppressor when you already have 2.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Currently both of my 22 cans are aluminum and want something that I don't have to be delicate in cleaning.

Currently 1 is hardly ever taken off a 17HMR crow gun, and the other is a HTA that floats between rifles and pistols but I'd make a dedicated 22 target can out of it, or I'd leave it on the 15-22.

Just looking for a better mousetrap kinda thing, and I may have some type of OCD and like having spares :)

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    That looks really slick and it sounded good in the videos (particularly on that little Beretta 21A).

Though I have to ask, why do you want 3 .22 caliber suppressors? I'm not questioning your ability to own them (own a million if you want), I'm just curious about the utility of that versus buying another caliber suppressor when you already have 2.

I own 6- .22 suppressors and have a couple more in jail. There's no specific reason, I just like them, and I like shooting them on my many .22 hosts. Just like the next guy might have 6 Glock 19's, or another guy has 8 AR15's....

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Sure, I totally get it. I own 8 suppressors myself and several could be considered duplicates (though that's mainly because I didn't think through my purchases and, for example, bought a 9mm can before deciding I wanted to suppress .45acp, in which case that can works perfectly well on my 9mm hosts).

Hopefully, we can get the Hearing Protection Act passed, so cans will be as easy to collect as anything else.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    That is a great looking can

I have two Gemtech GM-22 can's but I am a Rugged Suppressors fanboi

I currently have a Rugged Surge in my possession and an Obsidian in jail.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Currently both of my 22 cans are aluminum and want something that I don't have to be delicate in cleaning.

Currently 1 is hardly ever taken off a 17HMR crow gun, and the other is a HTA that floats between rifles and pistols but I'd make a dedicated 22 target can out of it, or I'd leave it on the 15-22.

Just looking for a better mousetrap kinda thing, and I may have some type of OCD and like having spares :)

Check out this pic of the soon to be released Thompson Machine Nucleus. 100% Titanium, Mono-Core, User Serviceable and very quiet. MSRP will be $695.00 so street price will be cheaper. It will be available in Satin Ti and cerakote black.

2087jma.jpg

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Paying that kinda money for a rimfire can?

My limit is $200, so far I have 2, a Sig SRD22($200) and MPA Vigilant II($175).

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Paying that kinda money for a rimfire can?

My limit is $200, so far I have 2, a Sig SRD22($200) and MPA Vigilant II($175).

That halfway used to be my thoughts as well but I've learned that I don't buy inexpensive things for a reason, they generally get the job done but they don't do it great, and secondly I feel like I've settled for something.

My first can (like many others) was a HTA Guardian. Less that $200, and suppresses decently enough, but it was just enough to start the addiction but I know what I want out of a suppressor now.

I also bought a Thompson Machine Super Zephyr that I've been very happy with, and purchased it knowing it was a tad longer than most 22 cans. I bought it mainly as a rifle can cause the proportionality but hardly take it off the 17HMR, the large blast chamber helps

But I now know I want a small, all steel 22 can. I shoot a ton of 22 so for me to buy inexpensive accessories for what I shoot a lot of, kinda goes against everything else I do.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    The Oculus would by my 22 can if I was in the market. I like it for the same reasons I have an Obsidian in lock up. I really don't think it's priced awfully either.
    I have a HTA guardian as well (upgraded to whatever they call their top end configuration) and I'm happy with it, however having a second 22 can around would be kinda nice. Not enough benefit though to justify at this point for me.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The Oculus does look good! I can see myself picking one up before too long... I own 3 also, and I can always use another. Honestly having them threaded to a couple pistols and a couple rifles is really nice if you are out shooting with someone. Everyone is shooting suppressed and there isn't any need for ears. I do like the fact you can shorten it up if you like, and I trust rugged if ever a problem should arise, and I can only say that for a few companies!

Top Bottom